+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolutely Pathetic Support!!!

re: Absolutely Pathetic Support!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleywolf
    Where's he/she from?
    Derby[/quote]

Can't you smell the mint sauce ?[/quote]barrrlux Duds ;-)

Anyway Dirbys game last night, there were 5000 seats available for a tenner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleywolf
    Have to agree it was pretty poor after a 5-0 win but there again two on the bounce does make for an expensive week plus the draw of seeing Barca at City on the box. Wonder if Derby will sell all their tickets as some may well have Sky and stay at home in their caravans !!!!!!!
    If thats the case why has your club restricted us to 2500 tickets.

We are a BIG CLUB and could sell double that number with no trouble even if the game is on TV.

Would help in filling your delapidated half empty shed for you as you dont seem able to do so.

Accept it. Your a small club going nowhere!

And we are Derby County headed for the Prem and for Europe!! [/quote]

When you sell your 2500 then and ONLY then can you comment about having more, I have supported the Wolves since 66 and Derby have never sold their allocation, whereas we always d

Just so w ankybill gets to understand his own club's place in the grand scheme of things - when Derby won their Championships in the '70s they were seen as a 'Little Club' who had punched above their weight because they had a great manager(the first time). Mackay got lucky following on from him.

He was probably just a twinkle in somebodies eye when they blasted to 11 points , yes Lankey 11 points ,that's all the fingers and thumbs on two hands plus one more or about your age when you leave the infants school.

Looking at Derby, great season, great club no denying it. Too bad they've got a fan like this that does his best to make them look bad. I'm sure many of Derby supporters would be facepalming if they saw his idiocy.

I do wonder if their current model will work in the Premier League. They have relied heavily on loans during the past couple years, particularly in the attack. They've had 116 appearances and 20 goals this season (all comps) from players on loan. That's gotta be near the top in the Championship. Last year they got 125 appearances and 15 goals from players on loan. A couple became permanent transfers over the summer and I don't know if they are looking to do the same with a few others this season. But it may not work out for them if they are promoted as teams can be leery of loaning players to teams they will face. If the loans dry up, they could be looking at breaking their own record of lowest points in Prem history next season if promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by greystone16
    He was probably just a twinkle in somebodies eye when they blasted to 11 points , yes Lankey 11 points ,that's all the fingers and thumbs on two hands plus one more or about your age when you leave the infants school.
    Nobody but nobody remembers - or cares - about that. Its history and well forgotten by most football fans.

What we are remembered for - and will be remembered for in the future - is for playing great flowing football and for having the best supporters from the top two flights of English football.

Both your club can only dream about!

Quote Originally Posted by peterknowlesburnside
    It's all about perception I suppose. Does anybody outside Derby perceive Derby County to be a 'Big Club'? I seriously doubt it. Nobody even thought that when they won a couple of League Titles in the '70s (one of them thanks to us ) let alone now.
    Remind me - what PRECISELY has your big club WON [other than being the LEAGUE TWO champions in the 80s ] in the last FIFTY YEARS?

Go on - amaze me!

Quote Originally Posted by LankeyBill
    It's all about perception I suppose. Does anybody outside Derby perceive Derby County to be a 'Big Club'? I seriously doubt it. Nobody even thought that when they won a couple of League Titles in the '70s (one of them thanks to us ) let alone now.
    Remind me - what PRECISELY has your big club WON [other than being the LEAGUE TWO champions in the 80s ] in the last FIFTY YEARS?

Go on - amaze me! [/quote]The League cup twice

Quote Originally Posted by LankeyBill
    Nobody but nobody remembers - or cares - about that. Its history and well forgotten by most football fans.

What we are remembered for - and will be remembered for in the future - is for playing great flowing football and for having the best supporters from the top two flights of English football.

Both your club can only dream about![/quote]

In a few months time these statements will almost certainly be coming back to haunt you... but then as you say yourself... it's almost certainly the case that nobody will care or remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D

Go on - amaze me! [/quote]The League cup twice[/quote]

And WHO cares about the League Cup? No one! Its a nothing cup that no one bother s with.

Thats why youve won it - because no one is bothered.

Your as bad as the tree huggers down the road. No ones bothered!!

Anything anyones bothered about?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)