+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The bigger picture ...

re: The bigger picture ...

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Cheers for the responses lads. And Despair, I take on board everything you said.

May I just ask you 3 (Robin, Dan, Despair) forget the media, forget what club says, forget what players or the manager says. Forget the past 20 years and the money we spent, that's a distant memory. Forget Venky's (who aren't football people and have now taken a complete back seat so shouldn't be getting the full blame) where did you think Rovers would finish the season? Before a ball was kicked.

That's my main interest.
    Well taken on board Champs !

For me personally, my instinct and fear was GB is not the man (although I regularly said I was hoping he proved my fears unfounded) hence for me finishing somewhere around 7th 10th. I never really saw last years unbeaten finish as any indicator of a possible barnstorming season ahead. Too many shared point 'tussles' for me.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    I maintain 5th place was my prediction and that was more than possible
    Last season 2 points off of the play offs with a squad "bedding in"
    So with slight improvement personal wise you would presume we should at least slip into the play offs sadly we have gone backwards.

5th? Seriously? This is where I struggle. As I can see absolutely no logic behind why you think we would finish 5th? None at all. Go in thinking that (and many nievely have, with some expecting higher!!) and your going to be disappointed. Very much so. But I struggle to say that in a nice way that doesn't come across patronising. I guess it's an opinion, and that's what makes the world go round. I think I'm quite a logical person when it comes to footy. And this weird expectancy of us finishing 5th is part of the problem. As bigger problem as the Venky's, Shaw etc. we are a very small club going absolutely nowhere. That's what would've happened had Jack Walker

[quote="champs95"]Champs hope you don't mind but this being a forum and debating platform I felt the need to respond
    Firstly, the bigger picture is quite simple - it's Venkys! as everything that is wrong with the club at this moment is down to them.
    Yes, I know that you will say that we were not being really supported by the trust, but that was a far, far cry from 'where we are now'.

You say that no one is recognising the bigger picture, yet all of us have been decrying Venkys within several weeks of their tenure, and that theme has been concrete consistent throughout. We have not been proven wrong.
    You are decrying suggestions of replacements by individuals because you do not believe they will be the answer, although you fully supported one who these very same people decried for a long time back now. We have not been proven wrong
    You are hailing Norwichs seemingly brilliant choice now as he is doing the bus

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Cheers for the responses lads. And Despair, I take on board everything you said.

May I just ask you 3 (Robin, Dan, Despair) forget the media, forget what club says, forget what players or the manager says. Forget the past 20 years and the money we spent, that's a distant memory. Forget Venky's (who aren't football people and have now taken a complete back seat so shouldn't be getting the full blame) where did you think Rovers would finish the season? Before a ball was kicked.

That's my main interest.
    Based on how last season ended and keeping basically the whole squad that made that push in the final matches, I thought top 6 was on the cards. By half way through the second half against Cardiff at the opening game, I thought the top 6 would be a mountain unless we could be more adventurous.[/quote]

And to be fair Dan (and despair) your views have been consistent and haven't wavered.

Champs
    I understand what you are saying but is there really a bigger picture?
    Apart from the fact we have pretty much found our best outcome mid table championship under venkys
    If they leave we at best will fall through the league's but at least we still have a club at worst we fold
    So sorry to sound negative or miserable but unless venkys find a real diamond of a manager to take us back to money land to sort our dire financial situation out we will remain as we are at best a team that is pretty average playing on a mud bath.

So with slight improvement personal wise you would presume we should at least slip into the play offs sadly we have gone backwards.

5th? Seriously? This is where I struggle. As I can see absolutely no logic behind why you think we would finish 5th? None at all. Go in thinking that (and many nievely have, with some expecting higher!!) and your going to be disappointed. Very much so. But I struggle to say that in a nice way that doesn't come across patronising. I guess it's an opinion, and that's what makes the world go round. I think I'm quite a logical person when it comes to footy. And this weird expectancy of us finishing 5th is part of the problem. As bigger problem as the Venky's, Shaw etc. we are a very small club going absolutely nowhere.

5th? Seriously? This is where I struggle. As I can see absolutely no logic behind why you think we would finish 5th? None at all. Go in thinking that (and many nievely have, with some expecting higher!!) and your going to be disappointed. Very much so. But I struggle to say that in a nice way that doesn't come across patronising. I guess it's an opinion, and that's what makes the world go round. I think I'm quite a logical person when it comes to footy. And this weird expectancy of us finishing 5th is part of the problem. As bigger problem as the Venky's, Shaw etc. we are a very small club going absolutely nowhere.

T

Aye Champs pretty much sums up what I've been banging on about for over a year now. Bowyer's not good enough for the stated aspirations of the club, but sacking him without a replacement is not the answer given our track history after sacking BFS. I will have to go on record and say the best manager we've had in that period was the bald headed back stabbing one. Shame he was such a vile excuse of a man, otherwise, we'd be doing better.

I disagree on the squad though, they are better than this this season's results suggest. But motivation, tactics and consistancy in a starting line up have been the issue all along. Such is football.

The best manager we had here was Henning Berg. Trouble was the fans got on his back very early, and where too thick to see he needed time. The club listened to the numbskull fans (the sames ones mouthing off now...like Saxo) and we let to one of the best up a

Quote Originally Posted by Despair

5th? Seriously? This is where I struggle. As I can see absolutely no logic behind why you think we would finish 5th? None at all. Go in thinking that (and many nievely have, with some expecting higher!!) and your going to be disappointed. Very much so. But I struggle to say that in a nice way that doesn't come across patronising. I guess it's an opinion, and that's what makes the world go round. I think I'm quite a logical person when it comes to footy. And this weird expectancy of us finishing 5th is part of the problem. As bigger problem as the Venky's, Shaw etc. we ar

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)