+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The bigger picture ...

re: The bigger picture ...

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    I maintain 5th place was my prediction and that was more than possible
    Last season 2 points off of the play offs with a squad "bedding in"
    So with slight improvement personal wise you would presume we should at least slip into the play offs sadly we have gone backwards.

5th? Seriously? This is where I struggle. As I can see absolutely no logic behind why you think we would finish 5th? None at all. Go in thinking that (and many nievely have, with some expecting higher!!) and your going to be disappointed. Very much so. But I struggle to say that in a nice way that doesn't come across patronising. I guess it's an opinion, and that's what makes the world go round. I think I'm quite a logical person when it comes to footy. And this weird expectancy of us finishing 5th is part of the problem. As bigger problem as the Venky's, Shaw etc. we

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    So with slight improvement personal wise you would presume we should at least slip into the play offs sadly we have gone backwards.

5th? Seriously? This is where I struggle. As I can see absolutely no logic behind why you think we would finish 5th? None at all. Go in thinking that (and many nievely have, with some expecting higher!!) and your going to be disappointed. Very much so. But I struggle to say that in a nice way that doesn't come across patronising. I guess it's an opinion, and that's what makes the world go round. I think I'm quite a logical person when it comes to footy. And this weird expectancy of us finishing 5th is part of the problem. As

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    Aye Champs pretty much sums up what I've been banging on about for over a year now. Bowyer's not good enough for the stated aspirations of the club, but sacking him without a replacement is not the answer given our track history after sacking BFS. I will have to go on record and say the best manager we've had in that period was the bald headed back stabbing one. Shame he was such a vile excuse of a man, otherwise, we'd be doing better.

I disagree on the squad though, they are better than this this season's results suggest. But motivation, tactics and consistancy in a starting line up have been the issue all along. Such is football.

The best manager we had here was Henning Berg. Trouble was the fans got on his back very early, and where too thick to see he needed time. The club listened to the numbskull fans (the sames ones mouthing off

Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o

5th? Seriously? This is where I struggle. As I can see absolutely no logic behind why you think we would finish 5th? None at all. Go in thinking that (and many nievely have, with some expecting higher!!) and your going to be disappointed. Very much so. But I struggle to say that in a nice way that doesn't come across patronising. I guess it's an opinion, and that's what makes the world go round. I think I'm quite a logical person when it comes to footy. And this weird expectancy of

GQuestion Champs;

Now that promotion has gone, and with it the cash windfall, just what do you see as our (Venkys not Shaw) next logical step ???

I need to remind you here that my and most/many others stance is not Prem for all its pomp and glory, but THE DOSH! Maybe that's what excites most the better run BFC directorship
    I am more than happy with Championship fare as I have been saying for long enough now.
    BUT, I am not the banker holding the IOU's, I am not D Shaw who has nowhere near the monies to balance the books, I am not Mrs Desai who holds the purse strings and debt, but the ability to service the debt for as long as ???

Please put all else, blame, history etc. to one side and tell me, for the here and now;
    What would you do?

In addition I for one am really looking forward to Aucks take upon this healthy debate. Come on Aucks lets have your take.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Aye Champs pretty much sums up what I've been banging on about for over a year now. Bowyer's not good enough for the stated aspirations of the club, but sacking him without a replacement is not the answer given our track history after sacking BFS. I will have to go on record and say the best manager we've had in that period was the bald headed back stabbing one. Shame he was such a vile excuse of a man, otherwise, we'd be doing better.

I disagree on the squad though, they are better than this this season's results suggest. But motivation, tactics and consistancy in a starting line up have been the issue all along. Such is football.

The best manager we had here was Henning Berg. Trouble was the fans got on his back very early, and where too thick to see he needed time. The club listened to t

The best manager we had here was Henning Berg. Trouble was the fans got on his back very early, and where too

you pillcock, i mean i`m not influenced towards him just because i know him personally to be a decent chap. or indeed because phil neville thinks he is..

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    GQuestion Champs;

Now that promotion has gone, and with it the cash windfall, just what do you see as our (Venkys not Shaw) next logical step ???

I need to remind you here that my and most/many others stance is not Prem for all its pomp and glory, but THE DOSH! Maybe that's what excites most the better run BFC directorship
    I am more than happy with Championship fare as I have been saying for long enough now.
    BUT, I am not the banker holding the IOU's, I am not D Shaw who has nowhere near the monies to balance the books, I am not Mrs Desai who holds the purse strings and debt, but the ability to service the debt for as long as ???

Please put all else, blame, history etc. to one side and tell me, for the here and now;
    What would you do?

In addition I for one am really looking forward to Aucks take upon this healthy debate. Come on Aucks lets have your take.
    The next logical step?

That's the billion (£5.1 billion to be exac

you pillcock, i mean i`m not influenced towards him just because i know him personally to be a decent chap. or indeed because phil neville thinks he is..

Seeing my old mate Phil make an absolute tit out of himself every Sat night on MotD is of no suprise. He was always a gormless git.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)