+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The bigger picture ...

The bigger picture ...

The predictable Bowyer out cries returned last night. Can't say I'm too surprised. Nor can I defend a guy I have for quite some time.
    What is always worth taking into consideration in these cases are 'the bigger picture'.
    Case in point -Norwich. They out played us, on a crap pitch. They out battled us, looked a class above. They looked hungry.
    They identified a manager whom they been following for some time. The ones (on this message board and BRFC's) who shout the loudest, also offer no solution.
    Pillocks like Saxo (etc etc who don't know anything about football, or just point out the obvious) will say Billy Davies or Neil Warnock will be the ones to lead us forward. They won't. Not in the slightest. So from that that aspect, we are better off sticking with GB.
    The bigger picture being, who is actually making the footballing decisions at Rovers? That's the point all the fans appear to missing (by a country mile). Derek Shaw? Sacked by Preston for making poor decision after poor d

re: The bigger picture ...

Aye Champs pretty much sums up what I've been banging on about for over a year now. Bowyer's not good enough for the stated aspirations of the club, but sacking him without a replacement is not the answer given our track history after sacking BFS. I will have to go on record and say the best manager we've had in that period was the bald headed back stabbing one. Shame he was such a vile excuse of a man, otherwise, we'd be doing better.

I disagree on the squad though, they are better than this this season's results suggest. But motivation, tactics and consistancy in a starting line up have been the issue all along. Such is football.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Aye Champs pretty much sums up what I've been banging on about for over a year now. Bowyer's not good enough for the stated aspirations of the club, but sacking him without a replacement is not the answer given our track history after sacking BFS. I will have to go on record and say the best manager we've had in that period was the bald headed back stabbing one. Shame he was such a vile excuse of a man, otherwise, we'd be doing better.

I disagree on the squad though, they are better than this this season's results suggest. But motivation, tactics and consistancy in a starting line up have been the issue all along. Such is football.

The best manager we had here was Henning Berg. Trouble was the fans got on his back very early, and where too thick to see he needed time. The club listened to the numbskull fans (the sames ones mouthing off now...like Saxo) and we let to one of the best up and coming managers in Europe. He is doing a br

Berg was dire at Rovers, if not beyond dire. It wasn't the right place. The fans didn't turn on him, he didn't stay long enough for that. Some people just have their moments in different places at different times. He's doing OK now, but it wasn't working at Ewood, (probably all the backroom power struggles and things like that, wrong environment).

I think Saxo should be left out of it, as he only looks at stats and then imagines what happened on the pitch. God only knows what he sees in Imaginationland

In fairness to the fans, they have not turned on Bowyer at Ewood, aside from a few that sit next to the players, (I see it on my relocations and they utter sh1te, blaming him personally when we conceed, but keep their gobs shut when something goes well). Fan rants shouldn't guide a club, the owners should. But I wouldn't trust our owners to run a bath, let alone a football club.

We may or may not get lucky with the next appointment. My guess is probably not with Shaw being the only

Champs hope you don't mind but this being a forum and debating platform I felt the need to respond
    Firstly, the bigger picture is quite simple - it's Venkys! as everything that is wrong with the club at this moment is down to them.
    Yes, I know that you will say that we were not being really supported by the trust, but that was a far, far cry from 'where we are now'.

You say that no one is recognising the bigger picture, yet all of us have been decrying Venkys within several weeks of their tenure, and that theme has been concrete consistent throughout. We have not been proven wrong.
    You are decrying suggestions of replacements by individuals because you do not believe they will be the answer, although you fully supported one who these very same people decried for a long time back now. We have not been proven wrong
    You are hailing Norwichs seemingly brilliant choice now as he is doing the business ie after the event.
    I applaud you for pinning your colours to the mast and declaring

The bigger picture is there isn't one
    We have the all conquering venkys in charge who as stated wouldn't know a decent football manager if it bit them on the backside
    We are I guess kind of fortunate we have some sort of footballing people advising them now I would think that's why they are quiet so not to make anymore clueless statements ronaldiniho coming to us champions league in 4 years time we can't get relegated can we ect ect
    And the scumbags of kean and Anderson are long gone
    It's ok us blowing the trumpet of he would be a good manager and he would be awful but venkys will probably have Mavis the tea lady in mind when it comes to the next boss.

Cheers for the responses lads. And Despair, I take on board everything you said.

May I just ask you 3 (Robin, Dan, Despair) forget the media, forget what club says, forget what players or the manager says. Forget the past 20 years and the money we spent, that's a distant memory. Forget Venky's (who aren't football people and have now taken a complete back seat so shouldn't be getting the full blame) where did you think Rovers would finish the season? Before a ball was kicked.

That's my main interest.

I maintain 5th place was my prediction and that was more than possible
    Last season 2 points off of the play offs with a squad "bedding in"
    So with slight improvement personal wise you would presume we should at least slip into the play offs sadly we have gone backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Cheers for the responses lads. And Despair, I take on board everything you said.

May I just ask you 3 (Robin, Dan, Despair) forget the media, forget what club says, forget what players or the manager says. Forget the past 20 years and the money we spent, that's a distant memory. Forget Venky's (who aren't football people and have now taken a complete back seat so shouldn't be getting the full blame) where did you think Rovers would finish the season? Before a ball was kicked.

That's my main interest.
    Based on how last season ended and keeping basically the whole squad that made that push in the final matches, I thought top 6 was on the cards. By half way through the second half against Cardiff at the opening game, I thought the top 6 would be a mountain unless we could be more adventurous.

[quote="Despair"]Champs hope you don't mind but this being a forum and debating platform I felt the need to respond
    Firstly, the bigger picture is quite simple - it's Venkys! as everything that is wrong with the club at this moment is down to them.
    Yes, I know that you will say that we were not being really supported by the trust, but that was a far, far cry from 'where we are now'.

You say that no one is recognising the bigger picture, yet all of us have been decrying Venkys within several weeks of their tenure, and that theme has been concrete consistent throughout. We have not been proven wrong.
    You are decrying suggestions of replacements by individuals because you do not believe they will be the answer, although you fully supported one who these very same people decried for a long time back now. We have not been proven wrong
    You are hailing Norwichs seemingly brilliant choice now as he is doing the business ie after the event.
    I applaud you for pi

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)