+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The bigger picture ...

re: The bigger picture ...

[quote="seventwo"bigger picture is that our relegation form continues, the manager always tries to play it safe and he cannot motivate the team. Why is he still here?[/quote]

You haven't bothered to deal with my response to your original post, but I will reply to your latest one.
    1) Recent results have been poor - 10 points out of 30 in the last ten games. Even that, though, works out at 46 points in a season, which would only have meant relegation in four of the last ten seasons. That is not any kind of justification for our slump. It is simply a fact. Our last five results, reproduced over the season, would give us 54 points, so you COULD say we have improved again in the last month!
    2) It is factually incorrect to say GB always tries to play it safe. It is just one of those cliches people have grabbed at. I have looked through all the team sheets, and I would say there have only been about three unnecessarily cautious line-ups. What does become

Quote Originally Posted by Davhor
    Working away and I miss this post! Champo, I think Gareth Ainsworth is a great shout. My personal choice would be Gary Johnson. I know he's just had a bad time at Yeovil but as others have said 'times and places' sometimes just don't gel.
    Having said all that, I still think Bowyer to be a decent manager at this level but I can't see us go any further than that with him.
    Somebody to get us 'up', Tony Pulis but we can't afford him and this present 'regime' wouldn't attract him. So I think it will be status quo for some time to come.
    You mean current west brom manager tony pulis??????
    Deluded doesn't even come close to you fckers,face facts bowyer is the best you're gonna get for a long time now.You overachieved when walker was in charge now sink back to your natural level with a bit of dignity.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Duffer
    Working away and I miss this post! Champo, I think Gareth Ainsworth is a great shout. My personal choice would be Gary Johnson. I know he's just had a bad time at Yeovil but as others have said 'times and places' sometimes just don't gel.
    Having said all that, I still think Bowyer to be a decent manager at this level but I can't see us go any further than that with him.
    Somebody to get us 'up', Tony Pulis but we can't afford him and this present 'regime' wouldn't attract him. So I think it will be status quo for some time to come.
    Deluded doesn't even come close to you fckers,face facts bowyer is the best you're gonna get for a long time now.You overachieved when walker was in charge now sink back to your

In the interest of adding some balance.
    Would GB get another job either at this level or even the ones under it?

I'm not sure he would personally. What won't happen, sadly, is that he'd return to his former job within club, if he was to be sacked from his current role...imo.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    In the interest of adding some balance.
    Would GB get another job either at this level or even the ones under it?

I'm not sure he would personally. What won't happen, sadly, is that he'd return to his former job within club, if he was to be sacked from his current role...imo.
    I think he'd probably go back to a coaching-position, which might well suit him better. Several people who have been through his experiences have gone abroad, of course.

Ala SK.

I'm sure that it still makes us chuckle (if thats the appropriate word ). Over SK's subsequent 'career'. After armies of other supporters, media leeches, and ultra intelligent pundits lambasted ourselves for decrying SK's tenure and questionable activities at our club.
    To criticise the over the top stuff from some element of our support I can understand, but our reasoned condemnation of him was in my view justified.

So sorry to bring his up At least I did not mention he who is not to bed (even though at this time I am led to believe he is up in a dock trying to explain some 'dealings' - surprise, surprise).

I cannot believe anybody would compare Steven kean and Gary bowyer
    Steve kean was a disgusting individual who with his equally disgusting agent/accomplice has brought the club to its knees.
    Gary bowyer as out of his depth as manager we have alot to thank him for
    Stability was achieved when we were heading towards league 1 and possible freefall through the league's
    Steve kean is a reminder of no matter what league we are in it will never be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffer
    Deluded doesn't even come close to you fckers,face facts bowyer is the best you're gonna get for a long time now.You overachieved when walker was in charge now sink back to your

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)