+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worst Case Scenario

Worst Case Scenario

We might begin next season without Duffy, Baptiste, Spearing, Marshall, Cairney, King, Gestede and Rhodes.
    Robinson and Varney will probably have left too, and I am not sure if David Dunn will get another year.
    That could mean a tidy sum in the bank and a significant drop in the wage-bill, but what will we be left with?

Steele, Eastwood and Raya as keepers.

Henley at right-back, with Lowe as cover.

Hanley, Kilgallon and Songo'o as centre-backs.

Spurr at left-back, with Olsson as cover.

Wide midfielders/wingers: Taylor, Conway, Olsson

Defensive midfield: Williamson, Lowe

Up-and-down midfield: Evans

Strikers: Brown

That is a pretty thin line-up, but, obviously, a couple of players might be transferred in.
    As for youngsters and returning loanees, the most obvious are Mahoney, Morris, Lenihan, O'Sullivan, Green, Forrester, Rittenberg and Preston.
    Four of those are strikers. Only time will tell which one one/two are the best.

Of course, it is highly unlikely we will lose all eleve

re: Worst Case Scenario

Put that way,it doesnt seem all that bad. However,its doubtful we could go on another Cup run without at least one of Rhodes,Gestede or King.
    Im not even sure we would be much lower in the league,but this is merely idle speculation at this time.

Quite agree, we can 'dance around this pole' as often as we want, but not one of us knows;
    Venkys real plan, their thoughts on GB and DS, their business set up re; BRFC, who they could / who they would attract if GB was to be released, how that individual would fare in actuality, who would pay what for who of our playing staff, how much if anything is then returned to the manager, how good this individual would be in enticing cheap gems.

Yes I know it's a forum for opinion and discussion (and I am one of the worst for trawling through the scenario ), but at this stage (promo gone,) maybe it's a case now of sitting back and waiting for the inevitable 'wash up' declaration from the club/owners in terms of 'what next'.
    As said by someone earlier, this will not occur until the dust has settled upon our FA cup venture.

I have been enjoying the silence from our owners but even I want to know their next step
    Stick or twist?
    Bowyer to be backed or a new direction?
    Fire sale or try one more season for promotion?
    One things for sure the future is bright with our youngsters I have said a while ago we have some good players coming through
    Question is when will bowyer use them if at all?

I only noticed afterwards that if we should lose Cairney and Dunn, we would have NO experienced creative/attacking players in central midfield.
    If we didn't get someone decent in, we would be very dependent on the development of O'Sullivan!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    I only noticed afterwards that if we should lose Cairney and Dunn, we would have NO experienced creative/attacking players in central midfield.
    If we didn't get someone decent in, we would be very dependent on the development of O'Sullivan!
    Incidentally, Robin, as I said on the other thread, the issue that has prevented GB giving some of the youngsters a go is the size of the first-team squad.
    I don't think that will be a problem next season!

Is we will have to go back to basics, and may the love afair with rovers continue with or without GB.

Dont think the link works*
    It is Starting over by John Lennon* - view external link

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)