+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: To deduct, or not to deduct...

To deduct, or not to deduct...

The way we're going at the moment I'm getting more than a bit worried that we may not need a points deduction to get back into the relegation zone...!
    Another really tough game coming up on Saturday, having let in 8 goals in 2 games every single one of which could have been prevented with better defending.
    Interesting times and the first real test of GR...
    The frustrating thing being that, had we beaten MILLWALL AT HOME (ffs ) we would now be 14 points clear of at least 3 teams with 13 games to go, and pretty much safe, which the longer this run goes on we most definitely aren't yet...

re: To deduct, or not to deduct...

...where is your sense of excitement? KRO

I agree,perhaps he GR needs to come out of Eagles mode (take it easy)and go a bit more Meat Loaf (bat out of hell). Or the 10 point deduction IF there was one, would not be here or there at the end of the season

Sorry Bolt but as an old punk rocker "eagles Mode" to me means useless and offensive. The trouble is I think fans saw Rowett as operating in Magazine mode - "The Light Pours Out of Me", he needs to move quickly into Clash mode and take "Complete Control"; then with luck we'll enter *** Pistols mode, cause shocks everywhere and storm up the table - "Anarchy in the UK".

Seriously though Rowett did do very well initially by getting a pretty ho-hum group of players to play much much better as a unit. The trouble is some of the players are still as bad as they always were; and two especially, Grounds and Robinson, are exposed time and time again. Of the eight goals we have conceded in the last two games; an Elsie era achievement, four are directly attributable to horrendous errors by Grounds and big stuff ups by Robinson have contributed another two. It is all very well to lie on the ground punching it but why...? We do have replacements for these duds available; however Rowett has bee

good post KROK

Agree Bolt some very good points made by Kiwi Irrespective of the game being v Brentford it is no doubt quite crucial that Blues hold it together and at least get a draw if a win is beyond them,Rowett has made it clear that he does'nt want wholesale changes and is happy to a degree about the effort of the team as a whole but not liking one bit the mistakes that have contributed to 8 goals conceded in 2 games..
    One thing for certain I feel is Brentford are the kind of team that will take advantage of any Blues slip ups so I think Rowett could well be forced to make a change during the game that he seems reluctant to do before the game,we shall see..

One thing I always admired in a way was Fergusons ability to put matters right quite quickly at Man U.he never seemed to go more than a couple of games to make a change or two to to get back into winning ways and it did'nt appear to bother him to much if he upset a player or two,maybe Rowett needs to toughen it up a bit and point the finger

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)