+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Cup.

re: World Cup.

WTF wants to sing the National Anthem. Ours that is?

Its the most boring, uninspired NA in the whole world and wish we could have Land of Hope and Glory. Now that IS a great NA worthy of a great nation and why if my memory is correct the latter was chosen by Edward the Seventh for his Coronation.

Just have a listen and make your own mind up If I am right or not? Link below. Sir Edward Elgar take a bow still.. - view external link

Just watched that again and gives me goose bumps all over and if that song can't inspire us nothing will. Time we ditched GSTQ and had this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Its the most boring, uninspired NA in the whole world and wish we could have Land of Hope and Glory

I'm with you 100% on that, Mike.
    Have always thought that and am always reminded of how far behind we are when the Six Nations comes around - Ireland, Scotland & Wales singing with their unique nationalised passion while we have to put up with what is supposed to represent the UK!! At least we get it right in the Commonwealth Games!

Just listened to/watched the link you supplied and yes, the music is just great - but the trouble with the Last Night Of The Proms, (which I used to watch religiously year on year with my parents - but don't now!), is the pompous gits in the audience, bobbing up and down like a load of Harry Enfield-type Tim Nice-but-Dim characters!!

Ah well, can't have it all!!

I feel we should drop out of fifa even if it means no world cup place but stay in Eufa and allow only e.u players in our game all legues

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB

Its the most boring, uninspired NA in the whole world and wish we could have Land of Hope and Glory. Now that IS a great NA worthy of a great nation and why if my memory is correct the latter was chosen by Edward the Seventh for his Coronation.

J ust have a listen and make your own mind up If I am right or not? Link below. Sir Edward Elgar take a bow still..
    If I was representing my country I would sing Baa Baa Black Sheep if it was the anthem. The point I was making is that some of them appear to show no sense of patriotism and honour in representing their country. For some of the players it would not matter what the anthem was.

With regard to Elgar, I do not need to make a comment, just take note of my username.

Quote Originally Posted by Worcesterman

J ust have a listen and make your own mind up If I am right or not? Link below. Sir Edward Elgar take a bow still..
    If I was representing my country I would sing Baa Baa Black Sheep if it was the anthem. The point I was making is that some of them appear to show no sense of patriotism and honour in representing their country. For some of the players it would not matter what the anthem was.

With regard to Elgar, I do not need to make a comment, just take note of my username.[/quote]

I'm not always up with the politically correct stuff but I believe its now..

Ba Ba White Sheep!

I wou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12