+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are burnley heading for..

are burnley heading for..

their `natural level`..?

re: are burnley heading for..

Maybe, but with pockets bulging (well those of board members anyway). Which is what it is really all about.
    It was always set up to be a gravy train. With only favoured contenders welcomed and the rest of the feeder clubs just being allowed/tolerated to 'take part'.

Cynical I know, but eh oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Maybe, but with pockets bulging (well those of board members anyway). Which is what it is really all about.
    It was always set up to be a gravy train. With only favoured contenders welcomed and the rest of the feeder clubs just being allowed/tolerated to 'take part'.

Realistic, I'd say.
    I still think there is an argument for a Euro Super-League. Our members would be Man. Utd., Man. City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and, perhaps, Spurs.
    It would take away the glamour, but the PL would be a much more level playing-field, and the transfer-market and wage-bills might not be quite so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover

Realistic, I'd say.
    I still think there is an argument for a Euro Super-League. Our members would be Man. Utd., Man. City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and, perhaps, Spurs.
    It would take away the glamour, but the PL would be a much more level playing-field, and the transfer-market and wage-bills might not be quite so ridiculous.[/quote]

I agree. The ones with stupid money can go off to a Euro Super League with the other stupidly rich cubs dominating their respective leagues around Europe. Then in our case, we can have a Prem1 and 2 with teams all very similar in stature, size and financial

I think they will get relegated but they have made much more of a fight of it this time and are truly the Pride of Lancashire for the first time in my 60 add years. Well done Burnley FC.

Shame on Venkys and their supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo
    I think they will get relegated but they have made much more of a fight of it this time and are truly the Pride of Lancashire for the first time in my 60 add years. Well done Burnley FC.

I totally agree Sven! They will get relegated.
    If/when that happens do you think a big club would interested in Dyche's managerial services? Like maybe Newcastle, West Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

If/when that happens do you think a big club would interested in Dyche's managerial services? Like maybe Newcastle, West Ham?[/quote]

Well you would think so after the fantastic job he's done at Burnley but the Premiership tends to look after it's own and recycles the usual failures. It's a hard club to break into, perhaps he needs to change his agent?

If/when that happens do you think a big club would interested in Dyche's managerial services? Like maybe Newcastle, West Ham?[/quote]

Well you would think so after the fantastic job he's done at Burnley but the Premiership tends to look after it's own and recycles the usual failures. It's a hard club to break into, perhaps he needs to change his agent? [/quote]

I think he fully deserves a big move now in his career, he did brilliantly to get them up. And it's not his fault at all they decided as club not to spend any kind of money that would give them a fighting chanc

I think they will get relegated but they have made much more of a fight of it this time .
    not true. i`ve had it drawn to my attention on burnleymad that they are actually on course to do worse points wise than they did under coyle/laws surprisingly enough..

I think they will stop up,so no I dont think Burnley are heading for their natural level. I base this purely on Dyches acumen as a manager plus their last 6 fixtures which look a kinder run-in(no top 6 teams to play)than the other bottom teams so possibly it is more in their own hands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)