+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More News Next Week?

re: News Next Week?

I think it'll be news about the appointment for the media and PR job.

I must admit i am impressed at how we have went from being a tad amatuer about things to being what seems like being run more efficient.I hope its more to do with off the field impressed with the off the park stuff lately.

Hope it's a new artificial pitch because the one we have looks a mess AGAIN!!!! Or moving to a new stadium would also be nice

Quote Originally Posted by ouialpha
    Hope it's a new artificial pitch because the one we have looks a mess AGAIN!!!! Or moving to a new stadium would also be nice
    Id love it to be about moving but just dont think that is on the agenda. However We can surely consider a 4G pitch.. Both Kilmarnocks and Falkirks are top notch and we surely can ever consider huge remedial works on the current sh1teheap again.

A 4G pitch would also allow the club to make some money by renting it out to the local community,only downside could be the number of injuries these types of pitches bring,but after the year we have had with injuries it surely couldn't be any worse

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    A 4G pitch would also allow the club to make some money by renting it out to the local community,only downside could be the number of injuries these types of pitches bring,but after the year we have had with injuries it surely couldn't be any worse

The injuries argument is over played. Falkirk and Kilmarnock havent suffered more injuries than usual. Even for those who dont like artificial you cant tell me you get a better standard on our and other "so called" grass pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

The injuries argument is over played. Falkirk and Kilmarnock havent suffered more injuries than usual. Even for those who dont like artificial you cant tell me you get a better standard on our and other "so called" grass pitches.[/quote]

The day we move to playing football on 4G (whatever that is) and not grass is the day I stop going.

As it stands I believe the home team with 4G have an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG

The injuries argument is over played. Falkirk and Kilmarnock havent suffered more injuries than usual. Even for those who dont like artificial you cant tell me you get a better standard on our and other "so called" grass pitches.[/quote]

The day we move to playing football on 4G (whatever that is) and not grass is the day I stop going.

As it stands I believe the home team with 4G have an unfair advantage.[/quote]

So you'd rather watch us p1ss millions down the drain of grass than have that money available to allow your club resource to buy better players. A rather odd position if you don't mind

I wouldn't quite go that far but yes, teams with a 4G pitch do enjoy an advantage. Artificial surfaces are improving but they have a bit to go yet.

Clubs who install them do so for purely economic, not footballing, reasons. The ball does behave differently on them. Previous managers at both Hamilton and Kilmarnock said that they'd caused injuries and some players had to be picked selectively according to the surface.

While I admit we have had long standing issues with our pitch, I personally hate artificial pitches, horrible to watch and is differnt to playing on grass as anyone who has played on them knows, so would be passed if we changed.
    Our park is in no worse state than most pitches outside the epl right now, footy highlights at weekend told you that, to suggest ours is any worse is nonsense, argument for summer footy maybe.
    Keep these kid-on surfaces for training and 5s,that's what they are for not professional fitty, Accies and Killie changed theirs to make money, not for quality of the people who paid to watch real games, because they do affect games.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)