+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: clowns

clowns

about bloody time the fa do something about these idiots who keep turning up and ruining games. I'm sick and tired of wasting my hard earned money watching games that are ruined by absolute dickheads with whistles. I played sunday league for years and can remember possibly 3 times in all those years where the ref ruined the game its every sodding week with this lot and it ruins the experience. do any of them a) know the rules,and b) ever played the game? absolute disgrace that muppet yesterday get this ref we havent paid to see you dickhead

re: clowns

I have some sympathy for referees generally, but I also have to agree with you that the standard seems to be slipping. Yesterday's official was the worst for a long time: he even made the usually sight-challenged linesmen look reasonable!

However, I'm not so sure about the idea of pro footballers at the end of their careers, switching to become referees. They do know the 'tricks of the trade', but I'm not sure that means they'd be better at managing 22 players and two recalcitrant managers. Its a tough job, but it's rewarding (I am told by an ex-ref) in more ways than cash.