+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday(away)predictions

re: Sheffield Wednesday(away)predictions

[quote="Despair"]It's quite interesting this 'mediocrity' slant.
    By this I mean that this infers that Championship status is 'beneath us'.
    Just how many truly believe this? And more importantly - why?

For the majority of my life we have been a old second division club. Despite being told by my then elders that we were far better in 'the old days'.
    But I could recognise times had moved on, and therefore held the view that 'that was then and this is now'.
    It seems to me (as Champs as voiced) that the emergence of the JW era has maybe given the younger supporter some form of 'over expectancy' as regards our 'true status'.
    Is it really as simple as that ie the over 50's say, reluctantly accept our current standing, whereas the younger end don't ?
    It also infers that we should never 'expect' that we should have to endure the 'shame' of the Champs.
    This is not a dig at the younger end, or towards those that hold this view, as it is clearly understandable g

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    I did smile though at your comment that we were ALL swayed by the final run in of last year. That though is not really how I recall it, if you meant it as 'we were sufficiently convinced'.

Maybe a "wink" should have followed ..or maybe "we were sufficiently resigned "..

I think Kevin Gallagher summed up Rovers season pretty well on the wireless this afternoon ..he reckoned there was only Derby (i think there was one or two more teams than Derby imo) that have outplayed Rovers this season but yet again we re so off the pace.This squad with a little more consistency in selection and performance could and maybe should have been challenging for a play off position...squad wise in comparison to those in the top six positions ..we are very decent. I just think this season could have been so much better ..
    There is, of course, the possibility that GB will learn from his mistakes an

T[quote="robinrover"]It's quite interesting this 'mediocrity' slant.
    By this I mean that this infers that Championship status is 'beneath us'.
    Just how many truly believe this? And more importantly - why?

For the majority of my life we have been a old second division club. Despite being told by my then elders that we were far better in 'the old days'.
    But I could recognise times had moved on, and therefore held the view that 'that was then and this is now'.
    It seems to me (as Champs as voiced) that the emergence of the JW era has maybe given the younger supporter some form of 'over expectancy' as regards our 'true status'.
    Is it really as simple as that ie the over 50's say, reluctantly accept our current standing, whereas the younger end don't ?
    It also infers that we should never 'expect' that we should have to endure the 'shame' of the Champs.
    This is not a dig at the younger end, or towards those that

Having said that more and more of us are warming to the competitiveness of the. champs

...no bloody choice !!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)