+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What percentage of this site has been in denial ALL SEASON?I

What percentage of this site has been in denial ALL SEASON?I

Brin, this is one of the problems with a MB of this size. People inevitably miss so many posts as they haven't the time or inclination to read everything.

I've already posted several times on here that I would be delighted to come on here and admit I was wrong and that the manager had done a great job if we stayed up.

But the fact is he hasn't and we are going down as recent events have shown. Do I get pleasure in saying this? Absolutely not. Have we got the basis of a squad to mount a challenge next season? Again, absolutely not.

Too many people on here have been blinded to reality. Evans is a lower league manager and is now about to add a second relegation to his CV. He flies on the seat of his considerable pants, blames everyone but himself for his mistakes and then tries to fast talk his way out of his various blunders.

He's had money to spend since he first came here and has excelled himself this season by making one flop purchase after another. We are a poor side and yet the

Wrinkly, cut the lip and get down to the bank tomorrow.

£3000 says I'm right and you're wrong. Make it £5,000 if you're so confident. This is a genuine challenge. Put up or shut up. Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal

£3000 says I'm right and you're wrong. Make it £5,000 if you're so confident. This is a genuine challenge. Put up or shut up. Okay?
    Try not to be so stupid.

We may go down. I think we are more likely to stay up.

"put up or shut up" good grief!

I can have an opinion without resorting to throwing ridiculous bets about.

My opinion in this case was not actually about whether we would get relegated or not. It concerned your motives for posting on here.

I don't think that even you believe some of the stuff you post. You post a lot of sensible points but chuck in the odd totally ridiculous "facts" to get the responses your self-gratification requires.

You are entitled to play your little game. It's only a message board. I know some find it entertaining - fair enough.

I feel a little ashamed of myself for getting involved in it. So I'll leave you to play nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin
    Zil...let's flip the coin...will you be man enough to come on here when we stay up and say you got it wrong again?
    Exactly Brin. He is either the biggest bell end going (my vote), or a wind up merchant, possibly a DeeDar or a Donny fan. I'm sick to death of reading Zil's pathetic posts tbh.

Zilzal, your big pal Kempo put money on us finishing in the top half this season, I'd like to see you calling him some of thes you call others on here. Uneducated, lower class, etc, etc, whenever they have called into question your unwavering belief that Evans is out of is depth and we will go down.

Let's speak facts here. You said Evans was the wrong man in League 2. He got us promoted. Did you get down off your pompous, stuck up high horse? Did you fack. You told us that Evans would be found out for the clown he was in League 1.

So, League 1. Most Millers thought mid table in our first year would be good, it would show progress. You th

[quote="Zilzal"]Brin, this is one of the problems with a MB of this size. People inevitably miss so many posts as they haven't the time or inclination to read everything.

I've already posted several times on here that I would be delighted to come on here and admit I was wrong and that the manager had done a great job if we stayed up.

But the fact is he hasn't and we are going down as recent events have shown. Do I get pleasure in saying this? Absolutely not. Have we got the basis of a squad to mount a challenge next season? Again, absolutely not.

Too many people on here have been blinded to reality. Evans is a lower league manager and is now about to add a second relegation to his CV. He flies on the seat of his considerable pants, blames everyone but himself for his mistakes and then tries to fast talk his way out of his various blunders.

He's had money to spend since he first came here and has excelled himself this season by making one flop purchase af

We're drowning and have been all season. I would have thought that was clear to most football-intelligent people. But those who live for football and little else? or are not very bright? In denial is the most comfortable place to be.

But the promise to offer an abject apology if I'm wrong still remains.
    No, we're not drowning, and no we haven't been all season. Ask any person who knows anything about football, ask our fans, ask football experts, ask mathemiticians who can work out probabilities for you... Ask them all where Rotherham, with such a small attendance, and low budget and wages, and two promotions in a row should be this season... And they will ALL tell you that staying out fo the bottom 3 - which we are - is an achievement.

But yet again, you slag people off, try to put yourself above them, "I would have thought that was clear to most football-intelligent people." YOU are the one who is not "football-intelligent". If y

Zil genuine question.

How many times after a great performance by the lads have you come on here and given the manager and the lads some credit??

I'll answer for you mate, its less than once!!

You only ever rear your head on the back of dissapointments.

Why the heck is that Zil.

My oh my what catastrophes have gone on in your life to make you such a negative poster.

I do enjoy your wide range of musical knowledge though.

Stick to that mi owd

Did someone mention ridiculous bets?

What about my mid table bet?...now that's ridiculous!

Zilzal has been correct all along and I'm honest enough to admit it.

We are looking in big big trouble at the moment and Steve is struggling to get things right.

We have not had incremental improvement but knee jerk, knee jerk and as a result have now got our worst team of the season with little manoeuvrability.

Off for breakfast 0753 here and sunny!

I'd say it was extremely high. How high? Those in denial wouldn't want to know - after all, they've laid out for a season ticket and they're stuck with it.

If you were to reply and put a high percentage then your honesty would make you extremely unpopular. I'm a 'wrong un' on here because I dare to speak the truth and say the unsayable or unpalatable.

I'm sure WE haven't the ability to save ourselves; our only hope is for Millwall and especially Wigan to lose virtually all their remaining matches. The chances of this happening? Slender to non existent.

And who is to blame for this and for the fact that our two record signings can't even get on the pitch let alone get in the starting X1?

If you're in denial, then you won't know, will you?

So, your percentages? And no abuse please. It's not my fault that we're all hurting and fearful of the next 10 games or so.
    In denial about what? A little vague that question Zil. Typical really

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly

Try not to be so stupid.

We may go down. I think we are more likely to stay up.

"put up or shut up" good grief!

I can have an opinion without resorting to throwing ridiculous bets about.

My opinion in this case was not actually about whether we would get relegated or not. It concerned your motives for posting on here.

I don't think that even you believe some of the stuff you post. You post a lot of sensible points but chuck in the odd totally ridiculous "facts" to get the responses your self-gratification requires.

You are entitled to play your little game. It's only a message board. I know some find it entertaining - fair enough.

I feel a little ashamed of myself for getting involved in it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast