+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huddersfield by train

Huddersfield by train

Travelling by train on saturday, usually drive (no not the train) wheres best place for a few pre match beers near the station?? been told by a few to not bother with drinking in Huddersfield is this right, or would it be better to stop off at Leeds or even Wakefield,Cheers

re: Huddersfeld by train

As far as I'm aware the hudders train doesn't pass through Leeds or wakey. Town fan brother in law suggest drinking in town is safe and recommended the sportsman,head of steam and the kings head. Me and my lad will be on the 11:42 from meadowhall

Been in Huddersfield a few times on the beer when bigger followings than us have been in town. All passed off ok, the two real ale boozers on the station are quality. If you are into real ale you may find it difficult to leave,

you could go via leeds but it takes 30 mins extra and will cost a extra tenner on train fare.
    the pubs on Huddersfield station are good but head of steam can get very busy and cramped.
    kings head is a bit better for room.

if you go via leeds stop off at Dewsbury and try the ridings pub on station loads of real beer and a good day / night out if stopping off after match.

None of you were obviously there when the Hudders fans put all the windows through on the train.

Going by train and stopping for an ale or 5 in pen is tone.

Be there or be square!!

Flaming swear filter