+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Montrose 3 V 0 Arbroath

re: Montrose 3 V 0 Arbroath

Our complete loss of form has coincided with the transfer of Murray to DUFC. Since he has went to full time training his rawness/enthusiasm/ eye for a goal or whatever it was that made him a prolific scorer has deserted him leaving the onus on Shagger who imo is snatching at chances in his desperation to score. This inability to convert chances combined with our "softness" at the back is proving fatal. Were we able to keep the back door shut we would be grinding out 0-0 draws in matches like today, not ideal but better than getting humped 3-0. The players and management are coming in for some pretty harsh criticism at this juncture but this will not solve the problem. The boss has tinkered with various changes in personnel and formation but to no avail. This week at training he has to get the squad back on side and build up their confidence again. No easy task but the top managers do it and that is what he gets paid for. We are a bit off the top now points wise but at one stage we were

Pics from the game

The heads are down and teams are now flooding their boxes with defenders as they have seen we can't get past them. The two best chances today both came from Dylan and Bobby getting down the wing and crossing into the middle. Everything else Marvin had in his stride.

Not one player makes a team and MonifiethLichtie's comment about a young player is way off. How will he feel when he reads it? I think Simon still looks as raw and hungry as ever, but he didn't get the ball played to him once when he came to even get a sniff of the goal. Yes criticise the team but not one player is at fault for no wins in 10.

Last Season we had a spell of 11 league games where we lost 9 and only drew 2. We were struck with injuries and didn't have the same quality of players we have this season...

We still have 9 games and still have the destiny in our own hands, but it feels like something needs fixing off the pitch first. - [url=www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/sets

Quote Originally Posted by broathrbest
    Fact is the scum are a very poor side as were shire and the former runaway leaders got 0 points and 0 goals which is cronic anyone with any positives ( apart from Bobby Linn ), have there head in the sand , for whatever reason we are a poor side , a pale shadow of the top of the league side , im very passionate about my team but i think were in real trouble as for picking up more wins
    Well said broathrbest!

[quote="smokie_bacon_crisps"]Pics from the game

The heads are down and teams are now flooding their boxes with defenders as they have seen we can't get past them. The two best chances today both came from Dylan and Bobby getting down the wing and crossing into the middle. Everything else Marvin had in his stride.

Not one player makes a team and MonifiethLichtie's comment about a young player is way off. How will he feel when he reads it? I think Simon still looks as raw and hungry as ever, but he didn't get the ball played to him once when he came to even get a sniff of the goal. Yes criticise the team but not one player is at fault for no wins in 10.

Last Season we had a spell of 11 league games where we lost 9 and only drew 2. We were struck with injuries and didn't have the same quality of players we have this season...

We still have 9 games and still have the destiny in our own hands, but it feels like something needs fixing off the pitch fi

We got what we desrved from this game which was Nothing, the team morale is very poor and heads are going down far to quickly, i dont have the answer we seeem to be lacking that Quality leader in midfield who could stamp his authority on the game as for Moore he appears to have lost the dressing room and his Tactics seem to be all over the place. Yesit appears that the teams have now sussed out the Lichties and hit us on the break. Where we go from here i dont know but every game now becomes a cup Final for us. Cmon the Lichties lets get back to Basics, Defend then counter attack. Well done to Montrose who played us off the Park as much as i hate to say it.

As someone who wasn't at the game it was a major disappointment when I saw the score on Saturday evening, losing to the team that are bottom of the league, but I suppose Montrose players were up for it to impress the new management.
    It was thought that we would start winning games when Nicol and McBride were back in the side but looks like they have not made much of a difference. The surprising thing for me is that Ricky Little isn't getting a regular place in the team.
    Yesterday's starting eleven looked quite strong on paper, albeit without Little and Murray, so we should have been able to get something from the game. We need to start picking up points soon or it'll be mid table at best come the end of the season.

Just wonder if everyone is pulling in the same direction or is there a split in the camp. Noticed the subs warming up at half time on Saturday; Murray, Johnstone, Buchan and the young goalie doing their thing on the half way line while McGeever, Grant and Rowan were doing their thing in around the box. Hope it's not a split in the camp between signed players and loan players. Hope this was just a coincidence as we need to show real team spirit to get us back on track.

I was astounded by Moore's comments in today's Courier regarding the fans. I heard no undue criticism about the players and can only think he is trying to say "It's everyone's fault bar mine!" He should instead be apologising to the fans and explain some of his decisions, like leaving Little in the stands when he is fully fit or why, with £50,000 trousered for Murray he did not buy players who are proven at our level. Not just to give a final promotion push but to start building for next season!

Arbroath is the best supported club in League 2 by some distance. It would be a mistake for the management to fall out with the fans.

The immediate aftermath of a derby defeat is the time for cool heads and clear thinking not blame shifting.

There would definitely have been some intemperate language used on Saturday. Can anyone really blame the supporters for being frustrated at a spanking by the worst team in the league?

The question I wanted answered is has Moore and Lumsden lost the dressing room? The players were outfought and showed little passion against a Montrose team who are rooted at the bottom of the league. If Moore and Co have lost the dressing room what now???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)