+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Montrose 3 V 0 Arbroath

Montrose 3 V 0 Arbroath

What's the answer?

First half we created a few decent chances which McManus really should have done better with, and hey ho, as if we were in a time warp, Montrose went up the park and scored, you could see the belief drain from the team, and it was a relief to go in at half time to regroup.
    But the second half belonged to Montrose, we just didn't turn up,
    Where we go from here iv no idea, we look nervous, disjointed, and the upbeat tempo has long since gone. At this rate we will be alongside Montrose in the highland league at the end of next season.

re: Montrose 3 V 0 Arbroath

10 Games without a win tells a story, hard to believe we were clapped of park at Easter road not so long ago. Where we go from here is downward on a positive note at least we have points in bag and no chance of being relegated !!!!. Don't, want promotion now what chance would we have in div 1 would not be good viewing. Can,put finger on problem we seemed to have been found out, stop McManus and Murray and hit on break and once we concede at the moment can,t get ourselves back in game was big Al's departure the turning point???. Or Simon,s transfer to united Nicol's injury who knows, with queens and rovers still to play again still a chance but we need a major turn of form where from who knows, Moore needs a magic wand now!!!!!. Clyde will be another tough game , but mind you we have now been beaten by the two worst teams in the league... Ah well looks like div 2 again next season.

You can't scream abuse at players low on confidence and expect a positive reaction. It's as simple as that. I have no major issue with the players today.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonLichtiee
    You can't scream abuse at players low on confidence and expect a positive reaction. It's as simple as that. I have no major issue with the players today.
    Oh come on Simon, your defending the indefensible!
    That was a performance of a struggling team today, individually there were pass marks, but team wise, dear oh dear

Aye, and the manager shouting abuse at that struggling team week in week out will help how? Evidently it doesn't help, hasn't helped and won't help going forward.

At this level man management of players is absolutely *****. Screaming abuse at players low on confidence is awful man management. Allan Moore lost his **** with them on Wednesday, and this is the reaction they gave him. What does that tell you?

That's definitely the worst I have seen Arbroath play since the tail end of last season. I don't like to overly criticise the players but they simply were not good enough today. Something is obviously wrong in the squad and Jack Smith is the biggest waste of a jersey we've had in years. Saying that, I'm still expecting us to at least finish in the play-off spots.

Let's stay behind the team and hopefully they can get the wins back and flowing.

CUE:

Backlash from the uber positives, on these pages, saying 'you' only turn up when everything 'goes to pot'.

We've reached the point where even they can't defend the indefensible. Both players and manager deserve criticism in my personal opinion. The players seem to have lost faith in the manager, who has openly choosen to be critical of them. I can't fault him totally for taking this stance. Yet, the reaction has not had the desired effect. It wouldn't matter what team he selected right now, the best we could hope for is not to be humiliated.

Only Bobby Linn deserves any credit against the backdrop of today's shambles. There is no such thing as bad luck. You make your own luck and all has not been well for weeks. We had some weeks, during this disastrous ten game run, where had chances gone our way things might have turned out so much differently. However, as the saying goes 'you make your own luck' and so many inept performances have seen our season crumble.

Where do we go fro

Fact is the scum are a very poor side as were shire and the former runaway leaders got 0 points and 0 goals which is cronic anyone with any positives ( apart from Bobby Linn ), have there head in the sand , for whatever reason we are a poor side , a pale shadow of the top of the league side , im very passionate about my team but i think were in real trouble as for picking up more wins

I'm all for getting behind the team but it's hard not to be critical after such a woeful performance. To be honest, I don't think the players expect to win games now. This is where the Manager's man-management needs to come to the fore. By the way, anyone know what our worst run of winless games is?

Would like us to return to having Little and Johnston as full-backs allowing Whately to push forward from mid-field.
    There is no doubt the defence was a shambles to-day resulting in the goals.
    Good away support to-day exactly what the club asked but we were badly let down.
    Water under the bridge now, but experienced defenders should have been brought in at the January transfer window.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)