+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rhodes

Rhodes

Todays gossip ...

Blackburn Rovers could allow striker Jordan Rhodes, 25, join Championship promotion chasers Derby county on loan is they are knocked out of the FA Cup by Liverpool on Sunday. (Sun on Sunday - subscription required) ...and

AMBITIOUS Sheffield Wednesday will launch a £12million summer swoop for Blackburn hit-man Jordan Rhodes.
    New owner Dejphon Chansiri has targeted a Premier League return for the Owls by 2017 after completing his £37.5million Hillsborough takeover last week.

And Rhodes is his No1 choice following talks with boss Stuart Gray about his transfer budget for next term.

Gray has told Chansiri that he needs a 20-goals a season striker to take Wednesday back to the top flight after an agonising 15-year exile.

And the Thai businessman, whose company are the world's largest exporters of tuna, is ready to back his manager's move for Rhodes, whose father Andy is the Owls goalkeeping coach.

Gray said:"Look at the teams who achieved promotion out of the Champ

re: Rhodes

Howie, my views on JR have not changed at all, even though he has scored the quantity he has, even though without him we could have been worse off, even though he does come across as a decent professional.
    No, it is the 'valuation' put on him and salary, this being our price paid and subsequently our aspired pricing to sell.
    This is not directly the lad himselfs' fault, it is the nature of the modern money mad game.
    Yes, you are quite right, you like myself cannot quite see how this 12m stacks up (given, for me, JR's limitations), but if someone is to splash that sort of cash, then why not.
    But, with all of these enthusiastic overseas billionaires floating about it really is small change to them, then again our owners are reputedly equally empowered, so we should be able to resist given our determination to progress.

Dezzer, they [Weds] can be as ambitious as they want to. My angle on Rhodes is, yes he's a decent striker but not good enough for the Prem or I'm convinced someone would have already taken him.
    If a club wants to take him I say let them. There are other forwards in this division to replace him. Even if we were up there for promotion, I just don't think he would 'cut it' in the top flight.

If they want a 20 goal a season Championship striker , let em sign Rhodes , but if they are serious and want a 20 goal a season Championship striker who will then also be a threat in the Premier League , then I`d be going for Gestede .

told you rhodes was sub bench material..

it`s soo dull being right all the time..

Going nowhere it seems.

"Burnley had Danny Ings, QPR had Charlie Austin and Leicester had David Nugent"

No real shock then !! They have all played for Burnley...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)