+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Proud

Proud

Very proud of our players today. It was great own Anfield from a noise point of view. Walking out singing 'you'll never beat the Rovers' was a nice touch from us too

Liverpool are a real cut above our lot in terms of pace and skill, so an even better result. Let's see how they do on our crappy pitch

re: Proud

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    Very proud of our players today. It was great own Anfield from a noise point of view. Walking out singing 'you'll never beat the Rovers' was a nice touch from us too

Liverpool are a real cut above our lot in terms of pace and skill, so an even better result. Let's see how they do on our crappy pitch
    Same Dan. It was a very proud and emotional day for me and my Dad. Last time we sat at Anfield my Brother was still with us. He would've loved yesterday. All the bloody moaning, all the crap we have had in recent years, everyone wanted to join in the kicking we got. And yesterday I thought our whole club looked classy. Our fans where immense, asw e always are away from home. Our players where fantastic, and our manager was excellent in every single way. where the hell has 20 years gone since that amazing day? Either way, we showed up at a place where every single pundit had not even mentioned us in terms of getting a result, and g

If this game did anything,it certainly put Rovers back on the football map. All positive publicity and all credit to GB for setting the team out so well.

I do think the absence of GH helped enormously.A tad unfortunate for the lad,but this season he has been comfortably our worst player. I said before the Stoke game King was worth a run out. Lets hope he is fit for the replay.

Strange, but just watched the replay on BT Sport and we look better than we did in the flesh and Liverpool look worse. Strange how the mind works when you're crapping yourself about conceeding

As for Hanley missing, I'd be lying if I was to say I didn't punch the air in delight when his was not read out. He has improved in the last few games, but he's been a liability most of the season and definately not captain material. Recent results and his lack of games are probably no coincidence.

And yes Champs, it was a good day. We didn't lose and that was a great result in itself. Best away support for a long time and had we conceeded it would have just got louder

Im sure Bowyer will put his favourite player back in the side for the replay.

It's always nice when the underdogs come away with a good result,but the underdogs need to finish it off at Ewood before you can really celebrate ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    It's always nice when the underdogs come away with a good result,but the underdogs need to finish it off at Ewood before you can really celebrate ..
    That's true Alf. I also don;t think people are giving Liverpool the credit they deserve for yesterday. It's the 1st time in this competition that a Premier League side has managed a clean sheet against us

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    That's true Alf. I also don;t think people are giving Liverpool the credit they deserve for yesterday. It's the 1st time in this competition that a Premier League side has managed a clean sheet against us [/quote]

I think it was a wonderful day out yesterday. The Liverpool fans got a great day, especially the younger ones. They got to see one of only 5 Premier League Winners at their ground. And they battled hard to earn themselves a replay. They should be proud.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)