+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes to Derby or Norwich

Rhodes to Derby or Norwich

According to today's Gruniad he is to go to one or the other on loan for the rest of the season. That clears the way for Brown I suppose.

re: Rhodes to Derby or Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by test
    According to today's Gruniad he is to go to one or the other on loan for the rest of the season. That clears the way for Brown I suppose.
    Well, Test, if we are prepared to loan him to one of our Championship rivals, that does suggest the owners and management are looking at next season already, instead of focusing on the remaining 2014/15 League fixtures. Does it mean GB is definitely part of the plan? Does it also mean Gestede WON'T be sold?
    Of course, the story could just be another example of media "filler"!

Probably something in this story as they try and address the Fair Play nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by test
    Probably something in this story as they try and address the Fair Play nonsense.
    This is what Platini said when the scheme was introduced:

"Fifty per cent of clubs are losing money and this is an increasing trend. We needed to stop this downward spiral. They have spent more than they have earned in the past and haven't paid their debts. We don't want to kill or hurt the clubs; on the contrary, we want to help them in the market. The teams who play in our tournaments have unanimously agreed to our principles…living within your means is the basis of accounting but it hasn't been the basis of football for years now. The owners are asking for rules because they can't implement them themselves - many of them have had it with shovelling money into clubs and the more money you put into clubs, the harder it is to sell at a profit."

What I don't understand, though, is how any of this can work properly if there are no ceilings on transfer fees

i cant believe that they will let rhodes go anywhere until after the liverpool game !

Quote Originally Posted by blueandwhiteheart
    i cant believe that they will let rhodes go anywhere until after the liverpool game !
    It does seem weird. I wonder if the Club will make a statement in the next 24 hours to clear things up, one way or another.
    So few of these media articles turn out to be true. Someone ought to keep a league-table of the accuracy of this type of rumour.

i dont think its anything but stupid paper talk.
    i wouldnt even acknowledge it .
    Theres maybe plenty of wishful thinking from norwich or derby fans, but thats all.
    we have a game coming up that could earn the club millions if we win it, so to save a few pounds on his wages for a few months just doesnt add up.

I saw this story and as test says, it would sense with FFP. But then part of wonders if this story has come from Rhodes not playing yesterday. Because the outside world don't know that this game wouldn't have suited Rhodes one bit, but they all think he's our best player. It'll be either true or not, we'll know next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRrr
    I saw this story and as test says, it would sense with FFP. But then part of wonders if this story has come from Rhodes not playing yesterday. Because the outside world don't know that this game wouldn't have suited Rhodes one bit, but they all think he's our best player. It'll be either true or not, we'll know next week.
    Don't you think it's strange, Dan. If we just made things up in our everyday working life, we would be rightly held to account. With journalists, it doesn't seem to matter. If one story in ten has a grain of truth, that seems to be justification enough.

politicians get away with it for years :/
    if rovers wanted to worry about this ffp crap , they would have took the 11 million from hull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)