+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hi guys

Hi guys

Barnsley fan here. Your board is a mess so hope someone reads this. Obviously we are both trying for the play off place and only one team wins them. (if it isn't us that go up hope it is you) But loyalties aside what do you think your chances of promotion are.

A few weeks ago I would have said we had no chance but now we seem to be getting it right with the 5 wins in 5 all clean sheets.

But things can turn bad just as quickly in this game and we have to lose sooner or later. (we never seem to draw only 5 all season)

I really don't want to see either of us lose out to the blunts so hope they don't go up

I like playing donny so ideally would like us both promoted but can't see either of us getting to 2nd place.

Of course anyone in the top 12 could end up getting play off promotion but I am thinking it will be either you, us blunts, or Swindon that actually do for some reason I think MK will drop out of top 6 (sorry MK)

Anyway how do you think things will go for Donny

re: Hi guys

It takes a very brave or foolish man to guess how the season will end up with 11 games to go, but then I am foolish enough to say what I think.

I think short of a major screw-up all the top 4 places are already taken. Bristol have all but officially been declared champions, it's just a matter of time. The competition for the automatic playoff place will be a very close battle which is impossible to predict, but the 2 teams that don't make it will be firm favourites to win the playoff position.

Although I a Sheffield man I want Rovers to go up, but consolation will be if the Blades or Tykes go up. But whether Blades, Tykes or Rovers qualify for playoffs slots I still think Preston, Swindon or Dons will win the playoffs. They are all too strong.

Back in October we were 20th, and at Christmas we were still 16th and struggling as Dickov was experimenting with the team, rotating players and trying out formations. That cost us dearly, along with our inexplicably appalling home record. We

re: Hi guys

Well, I said before the Posh game that it would show how good we are and it did.

I confidently predict that Rovers will not be in the playoffs again this season.

When will the fans who support Dickov see that he has lead us to nothing but failure?