+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arbroath 0 Albion Rovers 2

Arbroath 0 Albion Rovers 2

Blew it big-time!!!

No amount of words can encompass how an inept performance that was tonight.

Make no mistake Albion are not, I mean not, a great or even good side!

What a waste of hard earned money. What a waste of time. What a waste of an evening.

God help us in the playoffs, because we're going to bloody need it...

re: Arbroath 0 Albion Rovers 2

We began the game with five loaned players by Christ!!! One of whom is absolutely f**cking sh**e. No need to mentioned his, because I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. Needless to say the following - Peter Housten you jammy bast**d, offloading your p**h at our club!..

After the high on Saturday another low tonight. A goal given away by a static defence from a simple free kick 5 minutes into the game left us chasing the game.
    As Mr Refhater says we were indeed inept and never troubled the Rovers keeper during the whole of the match, I can't remember him having to make a save. For all the possession we had we created nothing. It was game over even before the second goal was scored.
    The good run at the start of the season is now a fading memory and I doubt that we would survive in League 1 if we were to get promoted, which would now have to be via the play-offs and on current form that is very unlikely.

It seems Moore's tactical plans
    consists of:
    1/ Lump the ball in the air.
    2/ If that does not work, kick it higher.
    We have become so predictable we must be a dream for the opposition manager.We certainly won't hurt teams with the ball 30 feet in the air!
    Time for a serious re-think.

Where do you start with tonight's problems? For their first goal our centre halves were so far apart you could drive a bus between them.
    Did they not learn anything at Links Park a couple of weeks ago? We never managed to get Bobby Linn involved in the game. When playing through the middle he spent all night running into the same channels as Simon Murray. They substitutions certainly changed the game - but for the worse. What little rhythm we had disappeared. Unbelievably frustrating to see an 8 point lead turn into an 8 point deficit in the space of two and a half months. I think we fans deserve some answers about what happened or didn't happen during the January transfer window. Surely it can't be difficult to attract good experienced players to a club sitting 8 points clear at the top of the league. It should have been a case of sign up and collect your league winners medal in the spring.

Just in after a long drive back and I was thinking what I was going to post on this forum,I have been beaten to it as I agree with everything that has been said.As far as Iam concerned the jury is still out on our manager.
    When you are sitting at the top of the league you do not weaken your squad by bringing on loan youngsters you strenghthen it.For too long now Moore has been believing his own hype by stating we could win the league or saying the obvious we will win the league if we win all our games.
    Prove me wrong Mr;Moore by at least getting promotion by the play-offs.
    Depending on where we are at the end of the season and the signings we make will have a bearing on my regular attendance next season.
    I am so f****** annoyed I am at a loss as to make any further sane comment.

4 Loan players - McCallum, McGeever, Rowan, Murray started.

Little, Nicoll, Johnstone, Linn, Whatley, McBride & Murray all Sheerin's signings (and Shagger) and probably still the majority of the best players on the pitch.

Whatley is such a talent. What a player. I think he is destined for a bigger club.

I think most fans would have picked the same team but either shagger or Grant in place of Rowan. I actually thought after they scored the first goal we looked the better team, but they don't waste time and just lump the ball as far as they can. I don't think I have seen the ball having to be retrieved so many times from being kicked over the walls. It was effective though as it certainly didn't work out for us in terms of breaking them down.

The second half and it was more even and more humping it up the pitch from both sides. You can understand why Murray was showing his frustration as long balls over the top don't work with him, hence why he was coming very deep to at lea

A big disappointment last night. I had my hopes up for a close game and to continue Saturday's result on to this game. It unfortunately was the opposite.

Why the manager chose to play Rowan at Right Midfield I do not know as he was a waste in that position.

I think instead of putting Rowan at Right Midfield we should have recalled K.McWalter back from Lochee and used him as I think he is a good young player.

K.Stewart has not been playing his best recently and I really think we are missing a lot in midfield when Hunter is not playing alongside Whatley.

I do not think Nicoll has looked his best since coming back from injury either.

I believe Thomas Grant was a pointless loan signing as he isnt bringing anything to the team and that loan deal could have been used more wisely.

Not resigning El Zubaidhi has been a massive blow as he was a no nonsense defender. I also believe not signing the experienced Marvin Andrews when he was available has not helped as he would have comanded the

Absolute crap last night, passing was poor ball up in the air and not one shot on target says it all really.

Albion Rovers were one of the worst teams I have ever seen in football terms but they had a defence that defended well and did the simple things and had their player/Manager Young in front of their defence who pulled the strings (i.e. a type of player like Sheerin/Kerr) and a couple of speedy forwards who were direct on goal and shot on sight, we had a few chances to shoot but we persist in passing it out wide

We again had probably 60-65% of the play but whereas they were more direct we would pass the ball a dozen times to gain 10 yards, Rovers were poor at football but got the result in the end and will now probably win the league, so what would you choose, good football and finish 4th or play poor football but get results and win the league?

I said it in January that I thought Mr Moore's loan signings of youth players could bite us in the erse and I am not glad to

Oh and a player he never rated is in with a chance of winning a 1st Division medal and plays every week for the team we punted him to, would you say any of the loan players are better than him??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)