+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not over yet!

Not over yet!

Yes it's difficult, but not over! We probably need to win all 7 to go up automatic but hey... It's possible with everyone back in the squad! Too much doom and gloom, anyone would think we had no chance!! Even playoffs is another good season, we'd have took it at the start and we'll take it now! Man up and support the boys! We've had a difficult few weeks with a lot of bad luck, this break is what we need right now! 7 games, we need as much positivity as we can muster on here, on twitter, when talking amongst friends, and in the stands!! Don't give up on us now!

re: Not over yet!

I'd say we need reality over postivity.

We 'can' do it and we must be happy about that surely. Results have again gone for us today and they so often do, if only our results went for us too then we'd have this league sown up by now.

But then, Boro, Bournemouth and Norwich would probably say that too (I don't count Watford, think they'll definitely be play offs).

No point bigging it up too much, we are very good at putting too much pressure and expectation on ourselves. Maybe if we just enjoyed the ride a bit more without getting so carried away with the end result, we might all get more out of it.

I agree its not over yet but why do people think that as soon as Martin and Thorne come back we will immediately turn into Barcelona?
    Firstly, strangely, we lost games with them playing before.
    Secondly, people seem to think that they won't need to get match fit and Martin will play 90 mins from now till the end if the season.
    Thirdly, whats the betting we hear of a relapse on Thorne or Martin over this break. I am still not 100% sure we are being told the whole truth.

I am hoping, we get to the playoffs and Thorne and Martin are getting back to form.
    Still gotta still go for automatics.

COYR?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramondo
    I'd say we need reality over postivity.

We 'can' do it and we must be happy about that surely. Results have again gone for us today and they so often do, if only our results went for us too then we'd have this league sown up by now.

But then, Boro, Bournemouth and Norwich would probably say that too (I don't count Watford, think they'll definitely be play offs).

No point bigging it up too much, we are very good at putting too much pressure and expectation on ourselves. Maybe if we just enjoyed the ride a bit more without getting so carried away with the end result, we might all get more out of it.
    No being funny but reality is given! Wish it wasn't the case sometimes but unfortunately we have no control over what's real, the players are not pawns we can influence in any metaphysical way but we can certainly influence them with positivity and belief that we can do this, we can pull together and create a good vibe again.

Plus I

Quote Originally Posted by Derby2die4

No being funny but reality is given! Wish it wasn't the case sometimes but unfortunately we have no control over what's real, the players are not pawns we can influence in any metaphysical way but we can certainly influence them with positivity and belief that we can do this, we can pull together and create a good vibe again.

Plus I truly believe Martin,Thorne and bent on the bench will make an enormous difference.

If we can't make top two, which is a very tall order now we will at least be bang into our rhythm by time playoffs arrive!
    Yes, I knew want you meant. My point is that there is a fine line between 'positive' and 'pressure'. I agree with you about Thorne and Martin, I think it's a big psychological boost but the expectation at this club can sometimes be so intense that it does us a disservice.

Assuming we get the key players back we want and they get a bit of practice match time somehow, we ought to be quietly po

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam
    I agree its not over yet but why do people think that as soon as Martin and Thorne come back we will immediately turn into Barcelona?
    Firstly, strangely, we lost games with them playing before.
    Secondly, people seem to think that they won't need to get match fit and Martin will play 90 mins from now till the end if the season.
    Thirdly, whats the betting we hear of a relapse on Thorne or Martin over this break. I am still not 100% sure we are being told the whole truth.

I am hoping, we get to the playoffs and Thorne and Martin are getting back to form.
    Still gotta still go for automatics.

COYR?

Martin and Thorne wont instantly turn us into Barcalona, but what they will do is allow us to play to the level we did see, especially at the end of last season. Its the confidence scoring a goal gives you and these 2 seem to give us that. Much that I criticise Martin for going down so often, he breaks up play so well and holds the

Totally agree ramondo!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby2die4
    Yes it's difficult, but not over! We probably need to win all 7 to go up automatic but hey... It's possible with everyone back in the squad! Too much doom and gloom, anyone would think we had no chance!! Even playoffs is another good season, we'd have took it at the start and we'll take it now! Man up and support the boys! We've had a difficult few weeks with a lot of bad luck, this break is what we need right now! 7 games, we need as much positivity as we can muster on here, on twitter, when talking amongst friends, and in the stands!! Don't give up on us now!
    We need to be positive to ensure this season doesn't go into meltdown. However if, as you suggest, we need to win 7 games, it's realistically not going to happen. The positive energy needs to be carried into the play offs, which will involve 4 strong teams for sure.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)