+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any reason?...

Any reason?...

...why we don't play in stripes when there isn't a colour clash...can't stand the current away strip as it is without wearing it when there's no need.

re: Any reason?...

...it'll be down to money Aussie, anything beyond comprehension IS down to money...to sell more shirts or something...

ray...in Batley.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl
    ...why we don't play in stripes when there isn't a colour clash...can't stand the current away strip as it is without wearing it when there's no need.
    Don't know mate, I can understand the financial element whe we had a dirrerent sponsor for the home and away kits but not now.

Think you are in the minority about not liking the design though, I think the away kit has been more popular than the home one this season.

i love WEDNESDAY playing in yellow away.
    blue and white stripes home kit,yellow away, its kinda set in stone as the traditional kit

I like yellow for an alternate away strip, especially with blue shorts but I'm not keen on what we've got at the minute, I think it's the thin hoops I don't like...also I'd rather see us in blue & white stripes whenever possible, nothing says Sheffield Wednesday like blue & white stripes...we would never wear yellow at Bramall Lane, so what's the difference where there's no colour clash.

PS...the 79/80 away shirt is probably the best we've had imo.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl
    I like yellow for an alternate away strip, especially with blue shorts but I'm not keen on what we've got at the minute, I think it's the thin hoops I don't like...also I'd rather see us in blue & white stripes whenever possible, nothing says Sheffield Wednesday like blue & white stripes...we would never wear yellow at Bramall Lane, so what's the difference where there's no colour clash.

PS...the 79/80 away shirt is probably the best we've had imo.
    The yellow 1990-92 away kit was one of my favourites.
    Sure we wore it at they sty in the 91/92 season - which didn't go well so you are probably right, wear the traditional colours whenever possible!

if you've ever been to an away game and seen some drunk idiot singing yyeeeeeellllooowwwss even when we've been playing in stripes, white grey or whatever, thats me

Quote Originally Posted by banno
    if you've ever been to an away game and seen some drunk idiot singing yyeeeeeellllooowwwss even when we've been playing in stripes, white grey or whatever, thats me
    Ha..that's me !!!!! .yellooooooooooooooooooooows...that's how I sing it...went to Gillingham & me & my mate p*ssed everyone off by singing ...
    Yellooooooooooooows...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)