+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Some of Our Fans in Cardiff

Some of Our Fans in Cardiff

I went to the match yesterday with some Cardiff fans and while there is little to say about another rather abject performance from which we deserved to get nothing, the behaviour of a minority of our traveling fans did let us down very badly and if any of you are reading this then I hope you are ashamed of yourselves.

Cardiff for some reason have now situated their family enclosure next to the away fans. While I was at the other end and did not see what kicked off the violent behaviour by our fans this continued attack at fans sitting in a family enclosure cannot in any way be condoned and I hope that the club take appropriate action.

re: Some of Our Fans in Cardiff

I was at the game yesterday and yes a few Blues fans did play up and were out of order but let me tell you not everyone in that family stand were there to watch the footy. Coins were thrown into the Blues end as well as spitting by some of the locals so while the Blues fans are certainly no angels some of the taffs should realise if you are gonna have a go the Blues are only to ready to give it back.

Cardiff have always been a game where it might kick off and the family stand next to the away fans usually acts as a buffer zone.
    So if that stand is infiltrated by fans looking for trouble then all hell breaks loose
    KRO

As far as I understand it, no adult is allowed in the family end unless accompanied by children and vice versa, now this regulation may have stupidly been relaxed on saturday but I find it unlikely as obviously the police who were unusually present in large numbers, had got some sort of info about the number of fans traveling under their own steam so to speak.

Anyway, my point was, irrespective of 'who started it' the behaviour of a minority of traveling fans was not acceptable

Club statement in link.
    Rg - view external link

Good to hear, thanks for the link.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)