+ Visit Walsall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1977-8 v.Dagenham (H) 1-0

1977-8 v.Dagenham (H) 1-0

Can any one recall the above game? NUFC were playing Villa away and the game was postponed, so the Police sent all the buses to your game and several hundred were 'forced' to pay at the turnstiles and watch the said. Even worse our bus broke down on the way back. Have to admire the loyalty of clubs like Walsall!

It was a strange day with the Dagenham players thinking we were their fans.

re: 1977-8 v.Dagenham (H) 1-0

What a bizarre story

I don't have the answer but I will ask someone who will have the answer for you!! How's that?

Yes I was at that game. The winner was scored by Alf Wood following a pass from Alun Evans. Alan Buckley missed two easy chances in a game where Walsall were always on top.

Nice one sadlad but a bit odd how they can "force" fans to pay to be in Daggers end

hi, mys Eddie I,m a season ticket holder at Newcastle and i was at the Walsall v Dagenham game. I travelled down on the supporters coaches (armstrong/galley). We pulled up right outside Villa park to find out the game was off , we then went to Fellows Park for that game, i think it was the first round of the FAcup. I remember being down the side of the pitch, i dont know what the stand was called and supporting Dagenham because they were the away team singing DAGA DAGA Dagenham.On the way home we stopped because the bus i think you must have been on had broken down, everybody on that bus got on to ours and off we went. It was chocka block, boiling hot and seemed to take for ever to get back but for some reason we didnt come back along the A69 we actually came back through Ryton, were i live so i obviously got off there. I went to the rearranged game at Villa park but we were more or less relegated by then, there were only about 12 of us on the coach that time. cheers Eddie Watson