+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grayson...

Grayson...

I have to raise this as us as fans are quick to get on Grayson's back particularly during January when we were going through it, however SG should take full credit for our turn around from Feb onwards on 3 counts :-
    1) his January signings, Johnson in particular has definitely bolstered the midfield along Robinson giving an extra edge up front / wing.
    2) handling JGs return to absolute perfection
    3) loan signing of Sam Johnstone when initially most fans questioned why we needed him including me but I am convinced that our recent 7 clean sheets out of the last 10 games is not only the keeper but the relationship between him and the defenders in front of him.
    Well done SG so far and let's hope we can keep it going to the end of the season were I am convinced we will get the well deserved auto promotion.

re: Grayson...

It's going well Gards and your goalie looks a good un.. Did you have your bowler hat and dr martens on at Barnsley? My mate Bursny who's a *** ender went in his .

Aww isnt that nice Alf, you and your boyfriend Burnsy

Seriosuly though, there were a lot of so called ***bers who caused a lot of trouble in the pubs in Barnsley on Satdy evening/night and this ruined the idea of them going as 'gents'.

I hope this was only a minority of your lot from Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido
    Aww isnt that nice Alf, you and your boyfriend Burnsy

Seriosuly though, there were a lot of so called ***bers who caused a lot of trouble in the pubs in Barnsley on Satdy evening/night and this ruined the idea of them going as 'gents'.

I hope this was only a minority of your lot from Preston.
    You will always get a minority causing hassle no matter which club it is especially after a decent following and fans having a few for most part of the day. You can't tag all PNE fans for few causing trouble and at the end of the day most did enjoy the day out.

Alfi - nope forgot to renew my passport to go over the Pennines

I like the idea of the 'Gentry' thing and its a shame that such a good idea almost got over shadowed by some idiots. But yes I know there are such fans at a lot of other clubs and it makes it worse when some cant take their beer/lager.

Ps - Soz for taking this away from the original subject, about Larry Grayson.

I like the idea of the 'Gentry' thing and its a shame that such a good idea almost got over shadowed by some idiots. But yes I know there are such fans at a lot of other clubs and it makes it worse when some cant take their beer/lager.

Well enough said, now Acido can you Tykes do the Brizzles at the weekend and then go on to do your arch rivals the Blunts in the coming weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE

Well enough said, now Acido can you Tykes do the Brizzles at the weekend and then go on to do your arch rivals the Blunts in the coming weeks?[/quote]

No I dont think we will Gards, but this team never cease to surprise me. Lets see eh, but our season isnt over if we do lose at Bristol.

What if we reached the play offs and faced Preston in the Semis ?

Don't forget Grayson is a Yorkshireman through to the core, it must hurt him everytime he walks onto that little village park called Deepdale.

Cod City boys time for you to do the business tomorrow - come on young Josh Morris and put the fact you were born in Preston behind you - make your family proud score a couple and kick Garner off the park. - view external link

Calvo, remember when Billy Davies said 'job done' after that play off first leg match (between Leeds & Preston). I think that wound some of you lot up didnt it, which is just the excitement we all want to see when it comes to the Play Offs

What could Larry say to wind the opposing fans up if they dont make automatic promotion ?

Come on Gards, this is a question for you too

Calvo, remember when Billy Davies said 'job done' after that play off first leg match (between Leeds & Preston). I think that wound some of you lot up didnt it, which is just the excitement we all want to see when it comes to the Play Offs

What could Larry say to wind the opposing fans up if they dont make automatic promotion ?

Come on Gards, this is a question for you too
    'Time I went home and left this old hick town behind me', Grayson deserves better than Preston and its 8000 fan base. Oh sorry you said opposing fans - he could take a leaf out of Mourhino's book before Chelsea played Bradford - 'it would be a disgrace if we lost to a team like...' seemed to power up the Bfud team and supporters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)