+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o/t Is this t-shirt racist?

o/t Is this t-shirt racist?

I was walking through town yesterday with a couple of friends and I saw someone come out of a local pub with a T-shirt with a map of Briain on it, and the following words:

" Welcome to Great Britain. Now fit in or f uck off"

One of my friends said "I am surprised he can walk around town with a racist slogan on his t-shirt"

My other friend said " It isn't racist"

There then followed a lengthy argument.

As it proved to be an interesting talking point I thought I would throw the question open to the MM punters.

Is the aforementioned t-shirt racist or not?

re: o/t Is this t-shirt racist?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson
    I was walking through town yesterday with a couple of friends and I saw someone come out of a local pub with a T-shirt with a map of Briain on it, and the following words:

" Welcome to Great Britain. Now fit in or f uck off"

One of my friends said "I am surprised he can walk around town with a racist slogan on his t-shirt"

My other friend said " It isn't racist"

There then followed a lengthy argument.

As it proved to be an interesting talking point I thought I would throw the question open to the MM punters.

Is the aforementioned t-shirt racist or not?
    I will take the bait if I may.
    I don't find that slogan racist at all, but I do find it stupid.
    What does 'fit in' mean? We don't have a shared culture in this country and never have. Traditions are hugely regionalised (I better hurry up as I need to get mi flat cap on and walk mi whippet'
    As a generalisation, I suspect the designer of that T-shirt's target market b

I saw that t shirt in the shop recently and tried it on.

I couldn't fit in.. so I f****d off.

Clearly not racist. Alone.
    It would be popular with racists, homophobes, nationalists, anti-left, anti-right, anti-centre, aunty Edna and anyone with a hang-up over a certain religious group. A quite clever 'catch all' slogan.

I don't think the message is racist, but, it would probably be worn by a racist.

I do think it champions green issues because if it was bought by a racist and all the coloured and none Anglo Saxon people were to leave for pastures new, they could carry on wearing it the next day for whichever group became the new target for their unused vitriol.
    Thus cutting down on manufacturing industry greenhouse gasses.

At least offensive t'shirts of this nature are probably made in the UK as opposed to a Chinese sweat factory, by some small child earning 50p a week.

Bigotry doing its bit for the exploitation of children in foreign lands

As a Morris Man IBS I would guess there have many occasions where you felt you didn't fit in but did you F%$k Off. Unfortunately not

Personally I find it offensive as would my 91 year old Aunt Edna :-)

I wonder how British immigrants like CA would feel if the locals wore tee shirts like this?

Quote Originally Posted by walter10
    I wonder how British immigrants like CA would feel if the locals wore tee shirts like this?
    They wouldn't wear them because firstly, the population is all imigrant anyway (as is ours, but you know what I mean) and secondly, everyone turns up in the US with the intention of fitting in.

You have friends?

Thing is the riff raff it's aimed at won't be able to read it nor understand it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast