+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kenny Jackett only wants loan improvements

Kenny Jackett only wants loan improvements

That should be the case if you ask me. Why bring in players from other clubs who are no better than what's in the current squad? - view external link

re: Kenny Jackett only wants loan improvements

I can't quite decide on this season we seem to have come on strong in the last few games, albeit luckily (who cares !)and have given ourselves half a chance of getting into the playoffs. My view is this might be Kenny's high water mark in this division and he may just be spawny enough to carry us all the way, but does anybody think he could make an effective Premier League Manager for Wolves, and then especially as the man to keep us there long term ?

One way to find out.

" ...but does anybody think he could make an effective Premier League Manager for Wolves, and then especially as the man to keep us there long term ?"

If he gets us up there, I think that he will have earnt his chance to keep us up there and develop us further. I think that, within reason, everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves. The key thing to me is have we (in particular Moxey) learnt the lessons from the Dave Jones / Mad Mick eras and this time back the manager to get in Premiership quality players.

Who would have thought Mick would have kept us there for 3 seasons and it was only his pig headedness in playing big headed favourites who had lost the plot, that was his downfall and listening to clipboard.
    Kenny would have to ditch sentiment and bring in a host of Greedy League quality carpet baggers!!!!!!

Kenny would have to ditch sentiment and bring in a host of Greedy League quality carpet baggers!!!!!![/quote]

Greystone, what sort of message would that send out to the young players who have worked so hard to make the first team?

There has been much discussion this week about academies, we have the making of a great one, that is also attracting promising young talent from over Europe as well as Britain. They are joining because they have the chance to improve, and also the hope that one day they will pull on the gold and black of the first team.

A friend of mine works at the Arsenal academy, and he told me that one of his hardest jobs, is trying to convince parents that their child may have a chance to play in the Arsenal first team one day.

I am not saying one or two new players may be needed, should we gain promotion, but please no 'carpet baggers'.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom
    Kenny would have to ditch sentiment and bring in a host of Greedy League quality carpet baggers!!!!!!
    Greystone, what sort of message would that send out to the young players who have worked so hard to make the first team?

There has been much discussion this week about academies, we have the making of a great one, that is also attracting promising young talent from over Europe as well as Britain. They are joining because they have the chance to improve, and also the hope that one day they will pull on the gold and black of the first team.

A friend of mine works at the Arsenal academy, and he told me that one of his hardest jobs, is trying to convince parents that their child may have a chance to play in the Arsenal first team one day.

I am not saying one or two new players may be needed, should we gain promotion, but please no 'carpet baggers'.[/quote]

Wouldn't it be nice to do an Ipswich (circa 2001/2) they got promoted und

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65
    I can't quite decide on this season we seem to have come on strong in the last few games, albeit luckily (who cares !)and have given ourselves half a chance of getting into the playoffs. My view is this might be Kenny's high water mark in this division and he may just be spawny enough to carry us all the way, but does anybody think he could make an effective Premier League Manager for Wolves, and then especially as the man to keep us there long term ?
    Only time will tell, unless he takes Wolves up it's just guess work really. If he does manage to take Wolves up then that is the time to say what effect promotion and then playing in the premier league has.

He has done well so far and had a lot of the fall out from our last spell in the premier league to deal with, ie players on big contracts and remaining at the club but not selecting them.

With the development programme the club have in place, I don't want to see us using loan players unless they are likely to be future purchases and really are going to improve the side. Otherwise it does not send a good message to those on the fringes of the first team.

It's gotta be a balance- promote from within is fine but there's nothing better than have the right kind of experienced head to help the kids along the way

I suspect if we weren't still in contention then we'd have seen the likes of Eusebio blooded by now

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)