+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They say you can tell quite a lot about a person ...

They say you can tell quite a lot about a person ...

by the contents of their fridge. Well, actually, they don't - I'm just being nosey! Although I do most of my shopping online these days, when I do venture into a shop, I must confess to enjoying a sneaky peak into people's baskets and imagining the story behind the contents eg new romance, a bad day - comfort eating, a diet/health kick etc.

If you were to be feeling a little peckish and open up mine today, you would find a half eaten big bar of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut, honey, hummus, some pesto, some Brie and Camembert, half a Cantaloupe melon, some grapes, milk, a couple of eggs, some blueberries, water, apple juice, 6 cucumbers (I'm doing a lot of juicing at the moment!), tomatoes, some salad stuff, greens, mushrooms, carrots, various nuts and seeds, and some yogurt.

So, please indulge my noseyitis and let me know what I might find in yours. At a guess, I think there might be some Sauvignon Blanc in Nuc's and some Stella in Dazzy's and Exile's, oh and some "just in case" Big Foo

re: They say you can tell quite a lot about a person ...

I protest mu lady

Our fridge resembles yours due to the weird eating habits of the boss .

I have a separate Stella Artois embossed fridge for the essentials .

How do you eat all that dodgy stuff mate? Not an animal fat in sight, ever likely you look like a cartoon rabbit .

have too agree with exile, your fridge content sounds hideous.
    I generally cook a big pot of food like tuna pasta, chicken curry or spag bol and then spend the next few days eating the rest of it.
    Then I have weetabix at some point during the day. I would also have either egg for omelet and beans and tined sardines on toast.
    I usually like a roast chicken in the evening. I eat half and eat the rest the next day and give the dog some.

Because I work away Monday-Friday there doesn't seem much point in getting much food in to be honest, I just sort that at weekends.. That's food wise

But, in the fridge in my room upstairs all that's left in there are a few strongbows and Stella's... And 3 bottles of Prossecco (I was on a promise, So obviously needed the help of the 3am beer delivery service Saturday night.. Prosseco, all girls love Prossecco, I'll have 3 bottles... I fell asleep at 4am and she never made it to mine)

I don't even like Prossecco.. But ringing a booze delivery at 3:30 Sunday morning, you can't beat that..

[quote="MissWinnie"]by the contents of their fridge. Well, actually, they don't - I'm just being nosey! Although I do most of my shopping online these days, when I do venture into a shop, I must confess to enjoying a sneaky peak into people's baskets and imagining the story behind the contents eg new romance, a bad day - comfort eating, a diet/health kick etc.

If you were to be feeling a little peckish and open up mine today, you would find a half eaten big bar of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut, honey, hummus, some pesto, some Brie and Camembert, half a Cantaloupe melon, some grapes, milk, a couple of eggs, some blueberries, water, apple juice, 6 cucumbers (I'm doing a lot of juicing at the moment!), tomatoes, some salad stuff, greens, mushrooms, carrots, various nuts and seeds, and some yogurt.

So, please indulge my noseyitis and let me know what I might find in yours. At a guess, I think there might be some Sauvignon Blanc in Nuc's and some Stella in Dazzy's

Whisky marmalade yuck! Im off to mirror pool in france in july Carp fishing. Im taking shead loads of tinned food and worked out I might need 28 bottles of wine! I would rather a splif to be honest but Im not risking taking it over on the ferry or tunnel. So it looks like a drunken 2 weeks fishing and feeling like crap every morning.
    Why they cant legalise weed I dont know!
    Bananas are really good for you is my advice.

95% healthy food.

Surely you will buy the wine over in France, bongosdad. I may not be up on wine protocol but I'd imagine that you could get it for a third if the price.

28 bottles? Thought you were going for 2 weeks, not a long weekend .

Exiled. The boss sounds like she has impeccable taste. If the contents of our fridges are pretty much the same, then you must get to eat lots of rabbit food "muck" too? Or do you just live out of the Stella fridge.

Bongo, just echoing Exiled - 28 bottles

Great story, Blackpool! Hope you get another promise soon!

Ha ha Churchy. Yes, I think I'd have conjured up something special in my imagination if I'd been next to you in the queue! My best friend lives o/s, is a bit of a chocoholic, but can't get Cadbury's where she lives so I send her Cadbury's parcels a few times a year to keep her going. If I'm buying from a shop, I do get sympathetic "a bad day, love?" from the checkout girls when they see a basket of chocolates and nothing else.

Oh and Yubby - "95% healthy" doesn't satisfy your sis's rather large nose so details please, if it's not too much trouble.

Nah Win, there is a small corner of sin amongst all the seeds n grit. Animal flesh, offal, normal cheese, fresh chilli, full fat milk and real butter .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)