+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Know your British Isles?

O/T Know your British Isles?

Go on then - have a go at this. A real quiz - not like those Gra keeps posting

As an ex-pat who's been away for 16 years I didn't do too bad. 13/15 and was disappointed it wasn't 14. The South coast one had me stumped though proving I'm a Northern lad at heart :-) - view external link

re: O/T Know your British Isles?

12/15 happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller

As an ex-pat who's been away for 16 years I didn't do too bad. 13/15 and was disappointed it wasn't 14. The South coast one had me stumped though proving I'm a Northern lad at heart :-)
    14/15 and it was Scotland that stumped me!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller

As an ex-pat who's been away for 16 years I didn't do too bad. 13/15 and was disappointed it wasn't 14. The South coast one had me stumped though proving I'm a Northern lad at heart :-)
    Why do you describe yourself as an ex pat and not an immigrant? Just out of interest btw. If it was the other way round and you moved from abroad to here you would be called an immigrant.

Know you Britain.
    Oh...I thought we were all born in Rotherham, lived in Rotherham, holiday in Rotherham, and die in Rotherham.

I didnt know anywhere else existed...Although I keep hearing this Sheffhole or Cheffield place keeps getting mentioned

11/15, that was tricky, the Bournemouth is very hard.

15/15...does that make me intelligent or just a geek??

Quote Originally Posted by walter10

Why do you describe yourself as an ex pat and not an immigrant? Just out of interest btw. If it was the other way round and you moved from abroad to here you would be called an immigrant.[/quote]

It's all down to the audience Walter. When addressing fellow English/British folk the term ex-pat is the one that is usually used. To Americans I am an immigrant (as is just about everybody) or to use the official term I'm a Permanent Resident Alien (Na-Nu Na-Nu).

15/15 All that travelling watching sport wasn't a waste, then.

14/15

got sheffield wrong :/ where is it ? >:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast