+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor

When I saw the news that we have signed him, I contacted several of my friends in Ipswich to ask about him.
    The replies show he is one of those players who creates very different opinions.
    One person thought Taylor was unlucky not to have featured more often, and that he looked very good at times. Apparently there was some suspicion of disagreements with McCarthy, and his off-field behaviour was also an issue.
    The other two who e-mailed described him as unpleasant and grumpy. They said he was a selfish player who often just ran into blind alleys and couldn't shoot straight.
    You pays your money...etc
    Some might argue that swapping him for Varney seems a bit pointless!
    Does this mean Brown won't figure again?

re: Paul Taylor

Just read in LET that he is hoping for a contract after training with us for the past 8 weeks and hopes to figure in our game against Leeds.

Dont know about you Auck's but if Mc Carthy is willing to loan him and then come as a free agent to us, something does not seem right, GB has said he has impressed in training, but his choice in starting with Brown against Brighton has not won me over that he knows how he is going to use Taylor.
    As for Brown, I wont be dissapointed if I never see him again in a Rovers shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by joinerpat
    Just read in LET that he is hoping for a contract after training with us for the past 8 weeks and hopes to figure in our game against Leeds.

Dont know about you Auck's but if Mc Carthy is willing to loan him and then come as a free agent to us, something does not seem right, GB has said he has impressed in training, but his choice in starting with Brown against Brighton has not won me over that he knows how he is going to use Taylor.
    As for Brown, I wont be dissapointed if I never see him again in a Rovers shirt.
    Pat - he's not eligible for the Cup game, so it does make you wonder if he is some kind of insurance for NEXT season in case we lose either Rhodes or Gestede (or both )

He'll be a great partner for Brown next season, he's managed to find the net once in his last 39 appearances.

Unfortunately GB seems to have an insatiable appetite to build up squad numbers irrespective of quality...I dont believe for one moment he needs all the actual players weve got ..let alone add to them and the wage bill

However it is just possible we are obliged to take an Ipswich player in order to get Varney off our hands This happened of course when D.J.Campbell went to Millwall...I just dont get the refusal to blood ANY academy players,under pain of death itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcrompton1896
    I just dont get the refusal to blood ANY academy players,under pain of death itself...
    Bob, Have you not stopped to think that it might not all be GB's fault, some of these young lads might not want to play for the 1st team as it would affect they're job seekers allowance

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)