+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And where from here?

And where from here?

Wasn't there but disappointed doesn't begin to describe it. A season of total under achievement only partially excused by the fact that we had Football League restrictions in place at the beginning of the season. Next season we have to do better. I feel pretty sure it will start under Awford but I believe that he must be told that by Christmas we must be pushing for promotion or that's it and get someone in to assess and then take advantage of the transfer window. After all I reckon that our income from gates, sponsorship, etc. must be way in excess of any other club in the division. At the moment we risk losing the momentum, enthusiasm and backing of the last couple of years.

re: And where from here?

For the first time in a long time I walked out with 7 minutes to go, it was that bad. Hundreds were doing the same and who can blame them. Easy to say now but I ought to have gone earlier. The club are in my blood but at the moment this is absolutely awful. 49 points isn't enough for safety in many fans judgement. 53 or 54 maybe required who knows. The trouble is that it is hard to see where a win is coming from. Those at the helm need to decide if it is Awfs who will be in charge next season or not. If not sorry but they have to act accordingly now.

if the players think the season is over they are wrong,some are playing for a future,more importantly playing for fans who turn up in big numbers home and away and spend hard earned money to watch them,they also need i would think 5pts for safety,easter weekend coming up a long trip to carlisle[i bet there's still a good away following up there]then plymouth at home,lot of money fans have to shell out there,over to you mr awford and the players

It won't be long before Scully's on here again banging the Gareth Ainsworth drum!!! :/

Absolute garbage today. We need an experienced lower league manager to build the right squad to get us out of this division.
    You only had to look at Shrewsbury to see how simple it can be. Big Centre Halves...A midfield general with a couple of busy cohorts..full backs who get forward and a big striker.
    Andy Awford is a Pompey legend, but like others before him, his Pompey history is being tarnished by his lack of experience at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by kendaldaz
    if the players think the season is over they are wrong,some are playing for a future,more importantly playing for fans who turn up in big numbers home and away and spend hard earned money to watch them,they also need i would think 5pts for safety,easter weekend coming up a long trip to carlisle[i bet there's still a good away following up there]then plymouth at home,lot of money fans have to shell out there,over to you mr awford and the players
    The players were just going through the motions today. Me and my mates buggered off a the 74th minute mark. Just bored really. To be honest this season has been one big bore. Sitting back at home, defending, getting nothing away etc. Awford, love him, but **** off and make way for a proper football manager. If we have another season with him we'll be well all be clued up on playing formations 3, 5 this 4, 5, 1 that and we'll have lots of shiny new players putting on the shirt but we'll stil

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown
    It won't be long before Scully's on here again banging the Gareth Ainsworth bum!!! :/
    How very dare you Sir

I have to agree that 49 points is not enough for safety. The teams at the bottom are putting together some points whilst we are definitely not.

How about letting Awfs go back to the reserves, academy or youth section where his strengths undoubtedly lie?

He is clearly brilliant at that, but equally patently not bold enough to be a leading Manager, yet.

53 points will do for now although nowhere near what I was hoping for when the season started. McInnes wasn't at the Shrewsbury game through illness. From his programme notes he rightly wasn't impressed at that performance, from the radio commentary he heard and the vast amount of e mails he received the following week. I have to say I can't fault the effort today or on Friday. I am not sure Awfs is the man to take us up but will leave that decision to the Chairman and the board. I will renew my ST whatever. Enjoy the summer after the remaining games of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)