+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will we be in 5 years' time?

re: Where will we be in 5 years' time?

While I think we'll stay up this season, I fully expect another relegation battle next year. And should we drop into L2 anything could happen. (The claim that Notts is a more viable proposition in L2 is laughable IMO.)

After much consideration, I really hope the Trews sell up and move on now. What's crazy is that they have the money to make us a Championship side. The sad thing, however, is that they are incapable of making a good decision and seem unwilling to bring in more experience from outside the club to assist them. Worse, they seem intent upon severing their relations with the fans (by ousting SLOs and the supporters club) and silencing dissenters. A recipe for disaster, if ever I saw one.

Well, I guess we'll be preparing for the 2020 election and some of us who are here now won't be here then.

Obviously those of us that live afar are physically distanced from the club; what's happening with me and other Pies I know down here, is mental distancing.

20 years of bile on the pitch means that I, for one, no longer feel the urge to buy on line from the club shop. When I go back,there isn't much desire to even attend.
    I even went to the ****ey ground recently, albeit with a free ticket, rather than trek deep into Lancashire on a freezing day. Ironically they scored 2 goals on that day, the only 2 of my whole trip.

I still keep an eye on what's going on, but that, unfortunately is about it. I doubt I'll ever totally be able to cut the chord, but it doesn't bode well for the future, particularly if the hardcore start to echo the above.

Well Sidn, if we have to endure 5 years of Millibland and the "Krankie's love child" - I'll be in Spain, it will be anarchy and mayhem here!

Fortunately, I have confidence in the British people to elect a Gov't that will secure the long term future for all of us - not just invoke the policies of jealousy and envy that would take us back to where Labour always leaves us - destitute, subservient and defensively weaker.

As for Notts - see Slack's posts above. That, just about, sums it up for me too.

When we get relegated this season I expect Notts to be a mid table team in league 2 for many years to come unless someone comes in with loads of money and shakes the place up a bit.

[quote="Pies4u" - I'll be in Spain, it will be anarchy and mayhem here!

Fortunately, I have confidence in the British people to elect a Gov't that will secure the long term future for all of us - not just invoke the policies of jealousy and envy that would take us back to where Labour always leaves us - destitute, subservient and defensively weaker.

As for Notts - see Slack's posts above. That, just about, sums it up for me too.[/quote]

I'll go with you on the Notts thing, absolutely.
    I really don't know what I want from the election. I'm no lover of Milliband but Cameron is a total soundbite. I won't be living in Espana. Be careful what you wish for.

If managed properly, Championship. Considering the size of club and stadium we should at least be a Championship side

Realisticly, League Two

Now we can have a rough guess why lincoln got rid of ray off their board and why they turned him down to buy their club as he is bloody poor at making football decisions.

best case scenario = L2
    worst case scenario = Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross
    best case scenario = L2
    worst case scenario = Conference
    Ambition

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast