+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And the new manager is...

And the new manager is...

... well take your pick from the list according to the bookies.

Do we know if the next manager is the choice of young David S or older David W, who is making the decision? - view external link

re: And the new manager is...

deffo young David and well done for having the balls to go for a young guy who knows the club inside out.. sick and tired of these old journey men managers like OC and MM..
    sick of the moaning *******s going on about Caldwell.. nobody knows if he will make the step up... but we have to back him...he understands the club and the fans and will want big success for everybody..

so ther s not just me then ? moaning cos both you and he are prxxxs ! basically a liability as a defender, but he s now gonna manage coach our players to be world beaters, don t make me laugh. written to the club about it, let s see what the reply is . don t be late for school, ooops forgotten, you re off for 2 weeks aren t you !

so who did you expect ?
    his playing ability has got nothing to do with his coaching skills... Martinez was an average player but turned into a half decent manager ..
    the days of paying managers and players 25k a week are gone now.. we need to work within the budget for the club.. How you can slag off a manager when his team has not even played one game is beyond me.
    If you donr like it stay away.. you probably will anyway like the other 5 or 6,000 that came onboard when we reached the Prem...

been watching 54 years, 'prem' ? don t know immediately who I d want, but, given that the powers that be knew this was coming, they ve had time to think about it, I ve not. I don t want Caldwell because he, for me, was largely a disaster on the pitch ! can t remember the game , but we conceded 3 goals and he was solely responsible for 2, and involved with the 3rd couple of years back but this wasn t in isolation ! consider this, had he played in the f a cup final, instead of alcaraz do you honestly believe we ed have won ? no brainer, pen against Arsenal, but I blame rosler fr not putting Gomez forward for the first ! he ed already done it once ! cut your cloth, agreed, but don t wear rags !

To base his ability as a manager on his ability as a player seems beyond foolish to me. Look at some of the best managers in the world, they hardly lit up the pitch, most of them probably had less ability than Caldwell... Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson etc

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)