+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First Post-Queens Reminiscences

First Post-Queens Reminiscences

Hello All. Been following the Board for a couple of years and finally decided to register and start posting. Have been a QOS fan for about 40 years, originally from Larkhall (so theoretically should have been an Accies fan) now living in Emgland for last 20 years, so have only actually been to a dozen or so matches in all that time. Of course with our recent success, I now get to see us on the box much more regularly but we rarely were in the 1970s. Three Querns memories stand out.

My dad took me to Hampden for (I think) a league game against Queens Park. Must have been mid to late 1970s. I remember sitting in the main stand with the Querns fans opposite with the QOS flag and wishing I was over that side of the ground. If memory serves we won 3-0.

Then there was the League Cup two-leg tie against Rangers (again must have been late 1970s/early 1980s), when we won the second leg 2-1 in normal time but went out after extra time (was it penalties or away goals or an extra time goal). Bu

re: First Post-Queens Reminiscences

Enjoyed reading that Mr Pharmacist ... Once Queens are in your blood then they are forever .

It's certainly a great time to follow Queens after years in the doldrums . The last 10-15 years has seen us win trophies and compete and some massive & memorable games .

For what it's worth , I think Queens will beat Status Quo

re: First Post-Queens Reminiscences

My first memories of going to Palmerston were about 1960 taking the train from Creetown. I remember seeing Ernie Hannigan waiting to catch the train back to Glasgow. Living in Suffolk since 1962 visits to Palmerston have rare, but I have seen several games including the Challange Cup Final and the cup games against Aberdeen and Rangers. I also saw the game where Stephen Dobbie scored four goals and had the pleasure of meeting him when he played for Blackpool at Ipswich. Hopefully Queens can get a victory on Sunday and get into the play offs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)