+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stuart Gray... yes or no ?

Stuart Gray... yes or no ?

Ok Fowls fans, I bet Stuart wasnt the number 1 choice at the time was he. Im not sure what sort of footy hes got you playing, but are you all happy with him now and for the next few years ?

I think he was ace for us at Barnsley in the mid 80s, a real goal scoring midfielder who was capable of scoring no matter what position he played in. I was sad to see him leave us for Aston Villa in 1987, but in all fairness he had to leave us for a top division side (even if it was an unbelievably under achieving side like Villa).

re: Stuart Gray... yes or no ?

Despite our hideous home form, he has earned the right to be given a crack at it..Westwood and Lees were brilliant signings, the Mcgugan loan will hopefully be made permanent.. and we don't have the angina inducing annual relegation scrap..He'll have a brand new pitch, and funds. (we imagine).So won't have any excuses next season..If Chansiri is serious about promotion for our 150th, then he needs to fund 4 or 5 signings of the afformentioned ilk in my opinion..Hopefully Middlewood road gets a facelift aswell...But I do believe the right DOF would help in our case...Roll on next season..because this season has turned into damp squib..which again is thanks to Stuart..Make of that what you will! (In the meantime at oooem..Gerrem all int box n lump it man)!

A 'damp squib' just about describes our time under Danny Wilson, what a let down he turned out to be this time.
    I think a lot of fans are already talking now about next season, I cant wait for this one to end.

And as for gerrem in the box and lump it, we've also been going a bit hoof recently.

...YES...

Say what you really mean Aussie, dont sit on the fence like that

If Gray does leave then theres only one man for the job, Sheffield's own hometown boy... Gino De Campo

100% yes.

Best finish in years and achieved what was expected - a safe mid-table position which is a fantastic achievement considering the size/quality of our squad.

Home form isn't great, but I think he'll turn that around for the start of the next campaign.

The players he has brought in have done well - Westwood and Lees will be in competition for player of the season.

I also think he is constantly improving as a manager, especially in regards to tactics and substitutions. It was his subs and tactics that won us the game at the NYS which was pleasing to see. It's the only thing I've questioned him on in the past, but he's impressed me recently.

The players want to play for him and you can see that on the pitch. He deserves a shot at it next season, and hopefully he'll get the funds to spend in the summer to support him.

YES, YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,

and Dominic Comoli too.

Don't you have more pressing matters, Matw@tmash!te?...Jesus..Some people are just obsessed!

It's alright Mick...We've still got the play offs to look forward too..Yet another laugh at em fcking it up.

I dont normally drag up old threads on here, but I only asked this question a while back and I got the impression that Stu was still very popular with you all.

What on earth happened, it must have been an internal thing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)