+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We're doomed

re: We're doomed

Ok LSM ever money bet for the Well to beat the drop. If I win u put up a junior well society membership.u on?

The fact is today we crossed the line our future is no longer in our own hands. We need others results to go in our favour. Play offs beckon LSM correct with his assessment, we're looking doomed. Really hope I'm wrong

I honestly don't know why people allow themselves to rise to LSM and his sharing of poignant, incisive pearls of wisdom and happiness.

His posts are very funny. I've been reading his predictions for years on here and for as many years as I remember, he has been predicting our imminent demise whilst the team has gone on to one of its best periods in history. I suppose with a club like motherwell, the law of averages say that at some point, he would eventually get it right.

Yes, today was a bad day, true to form, motherwell fail to show on a big occasion but anyone who thought we weren't going to have any more bad days between last tuesday and the last game of the season was being delusional.

There is much more to happen, Ross County are not Brazil and WILL drop points as will the others. It was a long time gone since we were free from reliance upon the results of others.

The run in will be a blood bath and we can still climb out of the play offs.

We're not doomed yet but its going to take a huge effort with the help of others to avoid the play offs. Even that may not be enough - we'll also need a spadeful of good luck which has deserted us this season.

We've 5 games left and have to win them all.

I don't know about luck deserting us this season. I think it's just down to being one of the worst teams in the league. When Baraclough took over we won 2 games on the bounce then went severely down hill from the turn of the year to just a few weeks ago when we picked it up. I think that period of the season killed us and left us with it all to do. We gave ourselves a chance by winning three and drawing one of our last four but by blowing that game yesterday we now have a mountain to climb to avoid the play offs.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with luck, we are where we deserve to be and when we are relegated next month it will be no more than we deserve.

This season has been one almighty clusterf@ck at all levels in the club, from the non pre season and the Stjarnan debacle in July, McCall finally being found out once Sutton's goals dried up, the way we dragged out appointing his successor and our pathetic winless run from New Year's Day until the 28th February and only starting to look like showing a bit of fight once McDonald and Pearson arrived. That is just not good enough and we cut our own throats with our own ineptitude throughout the season and we have thus left ourselves a mountain to climb and are staring relegation in the face.

Yesterday was a boot in the balls but only because we'd left ourselves in a position of having to win every remaining match which was nigh on impossible, it was just very sobering to lose and all but condemn ourselves to a playoff.

Very hard to disagree with any of that.

Is this the same McCall who was 'found out' that you feel so convinced his Rangers mob will beat us in a play off? Why so scared if he such a dud? Bit silly?
    Seems some are happy we were beaten yesterday, let's the world see how clever they are?

Stuart McCall's managerial record in knock out competitions isn't that great.

If it is Rangers the scum will re-gather in numbers and fill both stadiums home/away.
    We’ll capitulate (again) shortly after running out of tunnel or perhaps before.
    Regardless of opposition, I’d employ a Sport Psychologist and get the players mind set correct.
    I would only give the opposition South Stand and not PoD wings
    I’m assuming of course we have a cunning tactical plan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)