+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Maybe tomorrow?

Maybe tomorrow?

The horse trading between the SPFL and the TV companies seems to be adding to the delay in announcing the split fixtures.

What chance of an announcement on Wednesday.

MFC have changed the date of the Sponsor's Dinner due to "unforeseen circumstances". It was scheduled for Sun 17 May & it's now on Sun 10 May. Could we have a game on the 17th?

re: Maybe tomorrow?

Reports suggest they can't agree fixtures with broadcasters/Cops, which is SP(F)L lingo meaning they can't agree their butts from their elbows. The teams were decided by 5pm sat, no one should be remotely surprised by the incompetence from this bunch of highly paid buffoons. As if **** isn't bad enough?
    Ross county and thistle away, Collum and Thompson as the refs just to send me over the feckin edge :-)

Afraid I've gone beyond 'caring' now ... at least until Friday !

Quote Originally Posted by andyss1886
    Reports suggest they can't agree fixtures with broadcasters/Cops, which is SP(F)L lingo meaning they can't agree their butts from their elbows. The teams were decided by 5pm sat, no one should be remotely surprised by the incompetence from this bunch of highly paid buffoons. As if **** isn't bad enough?
    Ross county and thistle away, Collum and Thompson as the refs just to send me over the feckin edge :-)
    I'm not usually one to support the SPFL over fixtures lists Andy but in terms of the timing I think they're relatively innocent. The guilty parties will be the Police, who because of reduced budgets will be externalising their problems and the TV companies who will be haggling with each other. The SPFL will be caught in the middle. Its the Tv companies and police who need to get their acts together - the interests of the fans and clubs don't come into it.

Where I might take issue with the SPFL is the balance of home and awa

Yep I agree, the cops and tv mobs will be at the heart of the delay, but ultimately it's the spfl that look like the useless muppets as they are held accountable for fixtures. Just frustrating bud, they do seem to make a Noel Hunt of everything. It doesn't leave fans a lot of time to get organised work/travel wise. Need to learn some patience supose :-)
    Also agree we will no doubt be shafted, Dingwall on a Friday night...with Collum as ref!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)