+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We're doomed

We're doomed

Normal service resumed today with another lacklustre display and more shocking defending. This was a must win game and we serve up that garbage. Ross County will beat St.Mirren on Monday night to leave us 6 adrift and in need of a miracle to avoid the playoff. Sadly I can't see us getting one and we now have to face up to the harsh reality that we will be playing first division football next season.

re: We're doomed

No - We are not.

Bad day at the office today by the sounds of it, but no we are not doomed. We have enough games left to finish above the play off place, not withstanding the fact we have two games to play in the play off position.

I have no doubt in my mind we will blow away anything the championship has to offer, and that includes 11 "The Rangers" jerseys in dustbins.

As we all know, or so it has been said that McCall Is tactically inept, so we have no problems.

We will finish on 44 points and clear the play-off positions in any case.

It's going to be a tall order to escape the play offs now after that result today. We really needed to win this game and put the pressure on the teams above us, but we failed to do that. We can only hope for Saints to beat RC but I really can't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset_Steelman
    No - We are not.

Bad day at the office today by the sounds of it, but no we are not doomed. We have enough games left to finish above the play off place, not withstanding the fact we have two games to play in the play off position.

I have no doubt in my mind we will blow away anything the championship has to offer, and that includes 11 "The Rangers" jerseys in dustbins.

As we all know, or so it has been said that McCall Is tactically inept, so we have no problems.

We will finish on 44 points and clear the play-off positions in any case.
    Yes we are doomed. In order for your scenario that we clear the playoff place and leapfrog Ross County in the process, we would have to win every single remaining match and they would need to lose at least three of theirs after the split and frankly, neither is going to happen because County have turned the corner and are playing with confidence and grinding out results as 22 points out

A dug wae a burst baw

No we are not.

We just have to win 4 out of our last 5 games and draw one to reach 44 points.

We will blow away anything the championship has to offer.

Only at the end of the season will we know who's vision is correct.

I would put it in upper case, but I am too lazy.

Today's result, as deflating as it was, might actually work for us. It could give St Mirren a boost v Ross C, making them think there's still a chance they could catch us. Ross C CANNOT keep winning.
    Assuming St M win, we'd only be 3 pts behind county, with the 5 post split games left. If we win the game v county we're all square - it'll all depend on the other 4 games each.
    Am I depressed tonight? Yes.
    Can we still stay up? Yes.
    It's gonna be tight, but we can still do it.
    C'Mon St Mirren!

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    It's going to be a tall order to escape the play offs now after that result today. We really needed to win this game and put the pressure on the teams above us, but we failed to do that. We can only hope for Saints to beat RC but I really can't see that happening.
    Exactly, today was a must win match for us and we couldn't even get a draw and now Ross County's survival is completely in their own hands and it is their's to throw away. It's time for some Motherwell fans to get their heads out of their own backsides and see what is actually happening. Can anyone seriously think we are going to be able to win every remaining match whilst County suddenly hit the slides in what would be a spectacular fashion??? Its just not going to happen and the nightmare scenario is becoming very close to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorset_Steelman
    No we are not.

Only one word to describe that = Deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    No we are not.

Only one word to describe that = Deluded.[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not.

Only at the end of the season will we see who is correct.

(Delusional in Dorset)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)