+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ropey performance...

Ropey performance...

BUT a fantastic result & that's what its all about at this stage of the season, well done Queens, 9 points from 3 tough games & who knows what the coming weeks will bring?

A quality weekend up in Dumfries for me personally & can't wait for the next... Thank you all

re: Ropey performance...

Quote Originally Posted by jimgiggs
    BUT a fantastic result & that's what its all about at this stage of the season, well done Queens, 9 points from 3 tough games & who knows what the coming weeks will bring?

A quality weekend up in Dumfries for me personally & can't wait for the next... Thank you all
    Having to play three games in just over a week obviously has taken its toll on our magnificent wee team. We however kept our shape despite the early injury to Kidd and the wonderful Lyle was shattered when he went off having survived two horrendous challenges the second of which looked a red card.

The manager and players come out with great credit and we are within touching distance of a play-off place where we will face three other teams who have greater resources than us.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgiggs

On a more positive note was that you who won the 50/50 draw ? If so , well done

Yeah it didn't matter about the performance, the result was the main thing. As quoted on another thread, the financial rewards for getting 4th are huge!
    Falkirk are a shadow of their former selves. Was expecting a onslaught when we sat back but all they could offer was a whimper.

Good result: poor performance.

deek5trans writes about Falkirk, "all they could offer was a whimper". I suspect that was because they realised that even if they won Queens remained strong favourites for fourth place and they had more than half an eye on this weekend's Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden. Who'd want to jeopardise their chances of playing at Hampden for an outside chance of finishing fourth in the league and a play- off place? Damned few, I'd bet.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn

On a more positive note was that you who won the 50/50 draw ? If so , well done [/quote]

It sure was and thank you... And to 100% agree with the rest, 3 tough games in a short space of time resulting in 9 points is more than we could ever imagine & proves again what a great squad we have that they can use different plans & styles & still get the 3 points

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)