+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will it affect Rawson's form?

Will it affect Rawson's form?

Would you play him at Fulham?

re: Will it affect Rawson's form?

He can't be eligible can he? You can't extend loans after the end of March.

This might be a stupid question (or not if you work for club) but is he definitely eligible now?

I would play him if so because a. He's fantastic and b. He may feel like he owes us his best after all this, he doesn't at all of course but some people take these things to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoorlane
    He can't be eligible can he? You can't extend loans after the end of March.
    Loans can be extended after the end of March. There are dozens that have been extended in the last 2 weeks, Carlisle extended a loan this afternoon.
    I expect the extension paperwork was not done correctly before the Brighton game.

Tony - that isn't what the FA rules state. You can't extend a loan outside a transfer window (end of March).

The way clubs get round it is that they sign a deal to the end of the season in the first place but with a break after 28 days. You then decide after 28 days whether the break clause is invoked.

Given that, I can't see how he could be ineligible for Brighton but eligible now.

Here is the Carlisle story.
    Make of it what you will, maybe there is a way clubs get round it but there have been dozens of stories like this over the past 2 weeks. - view external link

Yeah. I know it happens. I just assumed, having read the rules earlier that a nice easy way around it was to agree it for the full length at the start with a bilateral break clause after 28 days.

According to Derby fans, he has been in training with their first team squad today and could be involved in their game tomorrow.

Gone back to Derby after this farce. This truly is embarrassing for the club

Youth loan, different rules?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast