+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owls announce the key appointments

Owls announce the key appointments

of vastly experienced duo Adam Pearson and Glenn Roeder will form two parts of what is effectively a three-man sporting director by committee alongside head coach Stuart Gray.

What's peoples opinions on the appointments?

Mr. Chansiri's is doing exactly what is needed - sorting out the club behind the scenes.

The committee will evolve and potentially expand on an ongoing basis.

Very early days but Chansiri come's across as a level-headed business owner who understands the club's needs.

Also, just seen: @AlanBiggs1: Chansiri says he will spend "whatever is necessary" to put #swfc in PL by 2017 - view external link

re: Owls announce the key appointments

I'm pleased that the appointment of such an experienced person has been made, Roeder has been around, and not in the spotlight...such as 'sofa warming' as a pundit.

he's a football man through and through, no idea where he's been these last few years but it's obviously in football.

he'll bring a wealth of knowledge with him, let's hope he knows of some English youngsters that he can bring into the club, before they command stupid money...they're out there, the Austins and Hendersons of the future...they're always there...it's getting them early and developing them that we've missed out on...oh, for a young David Hirst...

never felt more optimistic about the future than I do at the moment.

ray...in Batley.

I can't believe anyone who says this isn't underwhelming isn't fibbing.

Pearson always seems more style than substance and is a bit 'lower management' and Roeder had an undistinguished managerial career and suffers from poor health IIRC. Not really the calibre of appointment to match the new owner's (and his son) big talk.

Don't go setting your satnavs for Manchester and Liverpool just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro

Pearson always seems more style than substance and is a bit 'lower management' and Roeder had an undistinguished managerial career and suffers from poor health IIRC. Not really the calibre of appointment to match the new owner's (and his son) big talk.

Wahheeey…a thumbs down from ketchup!
    We all know what happens when he makes one of his predictions, don’t we...

Better than a papal blessing

Yer getting mixed up katch, our chairman didn' t come out with a load of bollox like "think Liverpool" all this wittlin about another play offs is tinkering with your brain

the green eyed monster has blinded our piggy pet from the truth.
    of course what normal people would see in these appointments is a businessman employing seasoned football men to help run a football club (your own club could do with casting an eye over the wall at s6 with the balls up they're making)
    i couldn't be further from underwhelmed if i tried.
    i will wait and see what the new owner is about but the early signs are very good

what colour is the future again?

M
    I
    N
    D
    T
    H
    E
    G
    A
    P

Quote Originally Posted by banno

the green eyed monster has blinded our piggy pet from the truth.
    of course what normal people would see in these appointments is a businessman employing seasoned football men to help run a football club (your own club could do with casting an eye over the wall at s6 with the balls up they're making)
    i will wait and see what the new owner is about but the early signs are very good

what colour is the future again?

M
    I
    N
    D
    T
    H
    E
    G
    A
    P[/quote]

Very underwhelming to have knowledgeable and experienced football people on board to work alongside Gray with 'clearly defined scope of responsibility' to make his job easier.

Talking about Liverpool... whens Poundland Prince and McCabe going to show us all the game-changing investment? 'Think Liverpool'

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10

Very underwhelming to have knowledgeable and experienced football people on board to work alongside Gray with 'clearly defined scope of responsibility' to make his job easier.

Talking about Liverpool... whens Poundland Prince and McCabe going to show us all the game-changing investment? 'Think Liverpool' [/quote]

What we are really missing is an Amercian guy with no football experience to front our operations and converse with fans through facebook and twitter, clearly that is the way

Quote Originally Posted by banno
    I don't even think you know what you're going on about these days bannochops. If Txiki Begiristain and Cruyff tuned up I think you'd be a little more whelmed than Pearson and Roeder. Even the dream team of Wilkinson and Strafford was an upgrade on these two F list appointments.

In fact prior to their appointment if you had to make a list of possible 'experienced football people' to oversee development of the club these two wouldn't even have been in your top 1000.

Glenn weasel chin Roeder FFS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)