+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Average away followings outside the Prem (with facts)

re: Average away followings outside the Prem (with facts)

Quote Originally Posted by banno
    Bigger laugh was the last minute Cup Final blunder by your grease fingered keeper. We had a great night that night as well as looking at the thousands of empty seats ( lowest FA Cup Final following, a disgrace to Sheffield). Still it was raining and there were blockages on the motorway.
    The tiny tears and blubbering after the Palace game comes a good second.
    The lowest ever crowd for a Wembley FA Cup final.[/quote]

Rubbish
    It was a replay for a start.
    We sold every ticket sent to us.[/quote]

No we didn't.

We had about 10,000 unsold tickets.

It was the best support I have witnessed as a Wednesday fan though so I find it ironic that United fans target this match for ridicule.

I doubt four Wembley appearances in 2 months is a problem a Sheffield team will ever have to cope with again.

Quote Originally Posted by becauseofboxingday
    Bigger laugh was the last minute Cup Final blunder by your grease fingered keeper. We had a great night that night as well as looking at the thousands of empty seats ( lowest FA Cup Final following, a disgrace to Sheffield). Still it was raining and there were blockages on the motorway.

Rubbish

No we didn't.

We had about 10,000 unsold tickets.

It was the best support I have witnessed as a Wednesday fan though so I find it ironic that United fans target this match for ridicule.

I doubt four Wembley appearances in 2 months is a problem a Sheffield team will ever have to cope

Quote Originally Posted by banno

Rubbish

Rubbish? There has never been a lower crowd for a Wembley Cup final and Wednesday returned thousands of tickets before the game.

You are a fool and a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by lansdowneoldskool

Rubbish

Rubbish? There has never been a lower crowd for a Wembley Cup final and Wednesday returned thousands of tickets before the game.

You are a fool and a liar.[/quote]

Sadly we will never be able to compare modernish Wembley attendances between our clubs because one club keeps dropping

The attendance for the FA Cup final REPLAY against Arsenal was 62,267. If you compare that to past replay's...

The 1901 FA Cup Final replay attracted just 20,470.(at Bolton)

The 1902 FA Cup Final replay attracted just 33,068.(at Crystal Palace)

Both replay's involved Sheff United...

(I know you've done it to suit your argument, but the FA cup hasn't always been held at Wembley)

As for Wembley (to suit your argument), the 96,97,98,99,2000, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 FA Cup FINALS all had lower attendances than our 1993 FA Cup FINAL with Arsenal, so I'm afraid your statement that "There has never been a lower crowd for a Wembley Cup final and Wednesday returned thousands of tickets before the game." is infact false.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)