+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plea to the club

Plea to the club

Dear Crewe Alexandra,
    this is a plea to you to act upon something that has been requested by many people for many years. Lower ALL match tickets for home supporters in the main stand, family stand and the Gresty Road end for our home games against Walsall and Bradford.

I believe that this would fill the majority of the ground. This would benefit the club in many ways:

-The atmosphere will be immense, the players always play better when the ground is full, leading to the results we need.

-The people that attend because of the lower prices may come again.

-The money lost on lower prices will be re-gained by more tickets being bought.

-Finally, the club will gain more money, more fans and better results through lower prices.

Why can this not be done?

re: Plea to the club

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancrewefan4ever
    Dear Crewe Alexandra,
    this is a plea to you to act upon something that has been requested by many people for many years. Lower ALL match tickets for home supporters in the main stand, family stand and the Gresty Road end for our home games against Walsall and Bradford.

I believe that this would fill the majority of the ground. This would benefit the club in many ways:

-The atmosphere will be immense, the players always play better when the ground is full, leading to the results we need.

-Finally, the club will gain more money, more fans and better results through lower prices.

If Coventry can do it why can`t we.?

A very good idea with a couple of obvious flaws. The first being that the club runs on a budget and this will have been set out at the start of the season. And yes, I do realise that things can be changed mid term or whatever. Secondly, what are you suggesting for the season ticket holder who purchases his ticket to make it more affordable to attend matches. Are you suggesting a refund? Or is it more important to entice new interest whilst offending existing and loyal support.

I agree it would be good to have a full ground, but in reality it ain't gonna happen. Those who want to go, do go and those who don't find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    A very good idea with a couple of obvious flaws. The first being that the club runs on a budget and this will have been set out at the start of the season. And yes, I do realise that things can be changed mid term or whatever. Secondly, what are you suggesting for the season ticket holder who purchases his ticket to make it more affordable to attend matches. Are you suggesting a refund? Or is it more important to entice new interest whilst offending existing and loyal support.

I agree it would be good to have a full ground, but in reality it ain't gonna happen. Those who want to go, do go and those who don't find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.
    I think there's a hell of a lot of people who would like to go but simply can't because it's too expensive. 22 quid is a lot. Reduced prices is perhaps too short notice for Walsall but would be a definate winner for Bradford. Potentially a game where we will need an real atmos

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancrewefan4ever
    Dear Crewe Alexandra,

This has been asked for numerous times and is a good idea, but I think the club don't believe it would make much deference, I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by OgerAlex

I think there's a hell of a lot of people who would like to go but simply can't because it's too expensive. 22 quid is a lot. Reduced prices is perhaps too short notice for Walsall but would be a definate winner for Bradford. Poten

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58

It can not offend season ticket holders. One adult season ticket was paid off just after the MK Dons game. If you attended every home game up until that point it would have cost the same as buying a season ticket. So we season ticket holders have had a very good deal.

I think the Season Ticket savings are worked out over all 23 home games, Ryan, so it means £12.60 per game. As long we charge higher than that, there can be no refunds.

£14 would be a good tempter for the occassional fans, and would be a small 'thank you' to the die-hards (like the 98 who went to Pboro on Tues).

Does anyone have any insider links to the Marketing team at CAFC?

There is a contact email given on the Crewe website - marketing@crewealex.net.

I've sent an email myself, perhaps they would take notice if as many people emailed asking for an offer v the Bradford game as possible.

Worth a try

I have also done this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast