+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lapping brings Blue Yonder one step closer

re: Lapping brings Blue Yonder one step closer

Lapping has also invited you to speak to him, will you go? Hmmmmm... I suspect not! Wonder why?

'Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one!,

Unlike arseholes, he is allowed to air his opinions in public.

It doesn't mean you have to agree with them though.

Griff: Not with you. Taking pot shots at MB fixtures like the Pigster is great MB sport.

I've got holes all over myself from my years on this target range.

It's all in good fun. At least, from my end it is. I believe, Piggy knows this and accepts it or he wouldn't be back.

Piggy: As to putting the club up for sale, that is still the prerogative of ownership.

Besides, the question of what value this club really has (it may not be in the black any longer) is highly questionable.

If there were serious "flush" willing buyers out there, it is my feeling that their offers would have been entertained by the owners group in charge.

Some potential buyers for this club may have lingering - waiting to pick up the pieces of a wrecked club - much in the same way as what happened during the Knighton transfer of ownership.

That this was not a hostile takeover, means, it may yet windup being a good thing. We just don't know.

We must be patient is my take.

Plus, getting the Trust

"I'd welcome a full and open debate on this forum. I don't think there will be engagement on here however, because certain people know I'm correct."

So because Andrew Lapping can't be bothered coming on this particular forum to refute your unsubstantiated claims it proves you correct?
    As for hiding away on the other forum there only appears to be about 4 of you left on here, who's hiding?!

Not a very well thought out comment Englebert. Mr Lapping was bothered enough to come on this forum and read Piglet's post. He then went and called Piglet a prick elsewhere. Why not engage here? And there are more posters here than you say. Not a huge number, but more than there were before Christmas. And many more regularly read it; 1400 for the two threads up top as I write. So if you're trying to make a point, at least get your facts right.

Pasty, like I've already said, I'm not interested in arguing by proxy. If Lapping wished to answer any of my points (and he was capable), he could easily do so on here. What would meeting him achieve? He's not the organ grinder anyway (however much he wants to be), he's just the monkey.

FT, I don't disagree that putting the club up for sale is the prerogative of the ownership. What I am correctly pointing out is that this course of action is the most appropriate one. Lapping has spun that his scheme is the only viable alternative to the way the club is being run, this is wholly misleading. The real alternative is for the owners to resign their positions, admit their failure and walk away.

Again, it was spin in the extreme to suggest the Trust was a barrier to a takeover. What is happening is not a takeover anyway, the majority shareholder of the holding company will remain the same, the way the club is being run is not going to change. All there will be is a new lacky doing Jenkins a

Not a very well thought out response Griff.
    From most people's points of view you want to post somewhere where the most number of people will see and engage with it (ie the other forum).
    Feel free to compare viewing/posting figures between the two sites if you want your facts.
    Fair play on your last desperate attempts to keep this board relevant though it all feels a bit futile.

I appreciate that you're trying to polarise debate in one place EH, but your argument is completely flawed. The place where most people will see and engage with the argument can only be here as Piglet has clearly stated that he doesn't, and won't, post on the other board. Or are you REALLY trying to keep debate completely one-sided?

Desperate attempt? Give over, I'm a realist. The other board is far busier. It just doesn't exist in isolation.

[quote="Piglet_Phoenix"]Pasty, like I've already said, I'm not interested in arguing by proxy. If Lapping wished to answer any of my points (and he was capable), he could easily do so on here. What would meeting him achieve? He's not the organ grinder anyway (however much he wants to be), he's just the monkey.

FT, I don't disagree that putting the club up for sale is the prerogative of the ownership. What I am correctly pointing out is that this course of action is the most appropriate one. Lapping has spun that his scheme is the only viable alternative to the way the club is being run, this is wholly misleading. The real alternative is for the owners to resign their positions, admit their failure and walk away.

Again, it was spin in the extreme to suggest the Trust was a barrier to a takeover. What is happening is not a takeover anyway, the majority shareholder of the holding company will remain the same, the way the club is being run is not going to chan

Piggy: We have "no idea" if the interested money party'ss were not disclosed in private - with the request/understanding that until an agreement could be reached their identity/s would remain secret.

That seems a reasonable way to handle any negotiations. Remembering, these persons may have other interests that may have require a degree of discretion.

The idea that a club ownership cannot sell its interests is silly.

After all, we are not living under the heel of the pinko commies or some other form of a leveler-ist totalitarian regime - one, where little people of little consequence can hope to interfere with important goings on .

Let real Freedom Ring!!!

Just because you are a well known leftest agitator and fomenter of social discontent on this MB and most probably elsewhere. It does not mean other's sacred rights of ownership can be impinged at your instigation.

Your whims and incitements are known to be those of a heretic rabble-rouser - an incorrigible disr

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)