+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All the relevant matches and why.

All the relevant matches and why.

Plenty have alluded to this in other posts but I wanted to compile a list of all the relevant matches as the season closes. Some may not appear too relevant but their influence on subsequent games should not be underestimated. Below are the fixtures I believe to be important and in brackets the result we should be rooting.

Naturally we want Wigan, Millwall and even Brighton to lose every game and for us to win every game, that goes without saying but there are other games that could have a significant impact, notably Reading, Ipswich, Brentford and Wolves, the last of which could hold the key to our survival as their last two games are against both Wigan and Millwall. In order for Wolves to have something to play for they must have a realistic chance of reaching the play-offs so next Saturdays games involving Ipswich and Brentford (who sit just above Wolves currently) become somewhat important. Ipswich and Brentford wins accompanied with a Wolves loss could be extremely damaging to us

re: All the relevant matches and why.

It occurs to me that Brentford and Reading drawing would probably be a better result. Reading would undoubtably be safe and Brentford would have a more realistic chance of reaching the play-offs with a win against Wigan (providing Ipswich don't beat Forest).

re: All the relevant matches and why.

Still think we'll be going to Leeds on the last day needing something. It would n't be Rotherham United otherwise would it.