+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garner

re: Garner

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank
    Would have Garner in our team any day of the week.

Think MK Dons will beat Yeovil.

Preston will beat Colchester and gain promotion

Good Luck for Sunday.

Hopefully see you lot next season.
    Cheers Casper and I think you will clinch safety against Reading on Tuesday who seem to have been sapped of all confidence and interest for the rest of the season since their fa cup semi final exit. Cracking draw last Saturday against an inform Norwich and if you can carry that comeback performance into the Reading game I don't see any other result but a Millers win.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    Would have Garner in our team any day of the week.

Think MK Dons will beat Yeovil.

Preston will beat Colchester and gain promotion

Good Luck for Sunday.

Hopefully see you lot next season.
    Cheers Casper and I think you will clinch safety against Reading on Tuesday who seem to have been sapped of all confidence and interest for the rest of the season since their fa cup semi final exit. Cracking draw last Saturday against an inform Norwich and if you can carry that comeback performance into the Reading game I don't see any other result but a Millers win.[/quote]

Was going to post on your site gards to wish you all the best for next week mate. I've always liked Garner, quality all round game and having him we would most definitely be mid table. Fair play that he wanted to get Preston into the Championship. Really hope you boys get auto although the plays offs is the best way if yo

He's unproven at Championship level and is a diver.
    We have a better player in Matt Derbyshire, just need someone to support him. The way Danny Ward's coming on we will have two good strikers.
    25 league goals this season and he has been 11 weeks out injured. The best striker in the lower divisions by a mile and his confidence is sky high playing for the club he supported all his life means he is were he wants to be. However I am under no illusions if by some chance we don't win our last game and we are in div 1 next season he will definitely be snapped up by a Championship club. Regards the diving I admit he goes down easily but is that not what most half decent strikers do and this unfortunately is drummed into them at an early age.

By the way I cannot help myself with you mentioning Matt Derbyshire in the same breathe, I Apologise for being disrespectful but his finishing isn't anyth

He's unproven at Championship level and is a diver.
    We have a better player in Matt Derbyshire, just need someone to support him. The way Danny Ward's coming on we will have two good strikers.
    25 league goals this season and he has been 11 weeks out injured. The best striker in the lower divisions by a mile and his confidence is sky high playing for the club he supported all his life means he is were he wants to be. However I am under no illusions if by some chance we don't win our last game and we are in div 1 next season he will definitely be snapped up by a Championship club. Regards the diving I admit he goes down easily but is that not what most half decent strikers do and this unfortunately is drummed into them at an early age.

By the way I cannot help myself with you mentioning Matt Derbyshire in the same breathe, I Apologise for being disrespectful but his finishing isn't anyth

Great player,and a cocky little so an so,would have him in a heart beat,but it will never happen,good luck PNE.

There would be a fee involved for Garner something we dont do,In fact i understand the club might be changing their to LOAN RANGERS!

Quote Originally Posted by theentertainer
    There would be a fee involved for Garner something we dont do,In fact i understand the club might be changing their to LOAN RANGERS!
    To be fair, we have spend almost £1m on Bowery, Clarke Harris and Ward this season, plus the £800k offer we had accepted for Stevie May.

I think I'm fighting a losing battle here as most of our fans clearly rate this lad far higher than Matt Derbyshire (after watching his weekend hat-trick I don't blame you0, however I will outline the case for Matt D.
    PNE said "By the way I cannot help myself with you mentioning Matt Derbyshire in the same breathe, I Apologise for being disrespectful but his finishing isn't anything like Garners and I think your kidding yourself in comparing the two".
    Lets compare their goalscoring records in the Championship;
    Matt D - 99 apps with 16 goals.
    Joe G - 90 apps with 18 goals.
    No comparison? Nearly the same, the only difference is Matt is currently scoring in the Championship.
    I rest my case m'lud.

Forgot about stevie may,and we also offered 10 million for messi but just fell short!Have i told you i am offering 5 million for chatsworth house but cant see it being accepted,we might be also change our nickname to same as arsenals,Gunner buy him and Him and Him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12