+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Final League position

Final League position

I always said between 8th and 10th , couldn`t have got it more spot on !

re: Final League position

Yes, quite a few of us were of the same mind, but maybe not by as many points adrift as we end up.

Even taking into account all of the 'baggage' GB has had to attend to, I still see it (the position) as a reflection of the man himself - 'steady'.
    Last season with that final 'run in', quite a few determined that we just may have 'turned a corner', and there was really not much reason not to think so.
    But, for me, the man still had to 'step up', but sadly he didn't / hasn't.
    This, despite having the most / second most prolific strike force in th div. As said on the other thread, with one or both gone next term, just how good is our midfield going to need to be in order to put us in that top six ???
    I am not trying to character assassinate the man as he deserves far more respect than that, but it is just how it comes across to me.
    In comparison Eddie Howe comes across to me as also a steady Eddie type of guy, but the diff for me is that he appears to have more nous and tactical guil

Massively disappointing league finish
    A fully bedded in team of good players should of shown improvement on last season's finish instead we have taken a step backwards
    15 points adrift and problems of last season still apparent
    Simply not good enough

Been a frustrating and disapointing season, after a fairly good start we went into a 10 game slump that lasted 25 games leaving us chasing the tail end of the playoffs but never really getting close.

Whether Gary Bowyer or anyone else will do any better next year is anyone's guess. With our current transfer situation and the likelyhood of losing 20 goals a season at a minimum I am far from certain a change of manager will help unless he works for free and pays Gary Bowyer's wage for the remainder of his contract.

We need to promote our youth and hope that some grasp the opportunity and become first team players plus we definitly need some shrewd loan sigings from whoever the manager is.

I doubt we'll find the next David Dunn waiting in the youth team to help us get promoted but need to give the youth team a chance.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)