+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season ticket holders to pay...

Season ticket holders to pay...

I believe this is the correct decision, though I accept I may be in the minority. I think it was silly to allow Hibs to get away with it last year and that put the SPFL on a sticky wicket, it is a great financial boost for the club. At least we know what we pay into our club stays in our club, maybe that is why some other clubs complain... - view external link

re: Season ticket holders to pay...

Having read the ticketing arrangements on Official Site, I am in total agreement.

You buy a Season Tioket based on the standard League schedule of fixtures - not based on the possibility, or not, of participating in any play-off matches. It's as simple as that.

It's an absolute nonsense what Rangers are trying to do although the SPFL have muddied the waters by setting a precedent with Hibs last season.

If Rangers and Hibs want to take their 'eye off the ball' then let them, whilst we concentrate on the most important aspect of the play-offs which is on the field of play.

Quote Originally Posted by nithvalley
    Having read the ticketing arrangements on Official Site, I am in total agreement.

You buy a Season Tioket based on the standard League schedule of fixtures - not based on the possibility, or not, of participating in any play-off matches. It's as simple as that.

It's an absolute nonsense what Rangers are trying to do although the SPFL have muddied the waters by setting a precedent with Hibs last season.

If Rangers and Hibs want to take their 'eye off the ball' then let them, whilst we concentrate on the most important aspect of the play-offs which is on the field of play.
    Rangers are behaving with their usual lack of class

Not sure how that landed in the link bar but you get the gist I'm sure.

Didn't for one minute think us season ticket holders would get in for nothing as we didn't last year ...
    Personally not got a problem paying £16 next Saturday and I don't think many other fans will either

Queens shouldn't really feel the need to explain the situation just because Rangers are threatening the SPFL .

I can see yet another confrontation between them and the league

Might have kept the office open on Sunday for a couple of hours after the season ticket holders have got their tickets so people who are working all week could get their tickets!

Perfectly reasonable and rational decision for the club to make.

Reaching the play offs is a bonus and one that the fans are desperate to see. Not only that it provides valuable, unexpected income to invest in the club for the future

Next Rangers will be suggesting that their season ticket holders get in to see Scottish and League Cup games as well! - I don't think so!

anyways i dont see why clubs would allow there season ticket holders to have these extra games added onto there season tickets ,cause 2 or posibly 3 games more than what thay paid for, while the people who pay at the gate week in week out have to pay full price ,if rangers and hibs should go down that road everyone should get in for free its only fair .what a kick in the teeth it would be for the paying customer .

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv
    Not sure how that landed in the link bar but you get the gist I'm sure.
    No problem I have amended it

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)