+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: the east lancs derby

re: the east lancs derby

The derby is to be looked forward to. It's just a pity that both sets of away fans can't travel independently. 'Bubble' policing isn't necessary. If Burnley keep Dyche and Trippier and Shackell, they will be very strong. Blackburn? I haven't got a clue, but there's always a surprise club. It seems to happen every year.

As a side issue, I'd just like to say that as a Burnley fan from Skipton who was on the town in the 70s, Blackburn was always a great night out. Really friendly people and so much nicer than Leeds or Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by needle
    Any way they are not yet relelgated .
    they are now..

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    they are now.. [/quote]

I logged in to 'like' this

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    they are now.. [/quote]

I logged in to 'like' this [/quote]

I logged in to call you a Cnut.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    they are now.. [/quote]

I logged in to 'like' this [/quote]

I logged in to call you a Cnut. [/quote]

In the interest of keeping it neighbourly I logged in 'again' to like this

Alf - of course, the bright side to this is that Roversmad will suddenly get a lot more posters again. We will see the return of those who - while apparently not particularly interested in football - will be all too happy to debate whether or not the relative number of paving-stones or acupuncture clinics in the two towns determines the size of the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    Alf - of course, the bright side to this is that Roversmad will suddenly get a lot more posters again. We will see the return of those who - while apparently not particularly interested in football - will be all too happy to debate whether or not the relative number of paving-stones or acupuncture clinics in the two towns determines the size of the gates.
    Most probably Aucks..

Aye. Dingles back to sub 10,000 gates next season..

"Aye. Dingles back to sub 10,000 gates next season.."

I thought surely not!
    Turns out you're right, sub 10K against Brum on a Tuesday night in 2013 and 7 1/2 years ago against Ipswich 9952, regular occurrence then.

Hope your gates hold up when it's not as cheap as chips.

UTC

And it Begins...

In truth PNE will probably take more away and quite possibly get more on at home now than both of us, we can now stand fighting like 2 bold men over a comb.

Preston will love going to visit the grounds all over the country they have not had the pleasure of visiting for a few years.

Shame Wigan and Blackpool left really in terms of local derbies it would of been a nice mini league, However to many derbies isn't to good for a promotion push.
    ( For what its worth I think we will all be top 10 )

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)